23: I Wish I Said It Sooner

The boys sat next to Harry's bed, holding onto him as the boy sobbed.

Harry looked at the ceiling, silently wishing it had been him who was in surgery now and not his lover.

He should have been more careful, he should have gotten the car under control, he should have gotten the courage to tell Louis he loves him sooner.

Because boy, he really wanted to tell him that so much, feeling sad he didn't sooner.

"We'll be alright, hazz, you and Louis will be," Zayn squeezed his hand, hating to see his friend like this.

Harry shrugged, his throat too dry to say something at all.

They all understood and continued spacing out in silence, at times speaking up to try and comfort Harry but knowing there was only one person who could genuinely do that job right, Louis.

After waiting for what seemed like hours but in reality must have been just half a hour, Louis' bed was wheeled into the room and set up next to Harry's.

"Oh sweetheart," Harry choked out, tears in his eyes once again looking at his unconscious boyfriend who was having oxygen going through his nose, his arm being wrapped up and bruises everywhere.

The boys all looked at the fragile boy, who looked small compared to the big bed he was laying in.

They all embraced Harry in a hug, listening to his voice mumbling some things about Louis and how it shouldn't have gone this far, this way.

The doctor entered the room after a while as well, his face soft as he spoke up. "Louis will be alright, he won't be able to dance again but he will make a full recovery."

Niall thanked him and the man left them alone again, giving them some time to process this.

"Hazz, listen to me," Zayn carefully placed his hands on his friends his cheeks, looking straight into his eyes. "This is not your fault, you didn't know this would happen, you gotta be strong and I know it's gonna be hard, but for the sake of yourself and Louis keep your damn head up."

Harry stared at him for a while before nodding slowly. "You're right, I just can't help but be upset about the whole situation, that's my everything over there, he is everything to me, zee."

Zayn pulled him closer as tears fell down both their cheeks. "I know bud, I know."

Niall and Liam shared some words as well and the boys decided to go for a short walk so that Harry could be with Louis when he wakes up, just some alone time for the couple.

"Call one of us if you need to, we're here for the both of you."

Harry showed them a soft smile. "Will do, thanks lads."

"Anytime." They waved and closed the door, silence once again filling the room.

Harry scooted closer to Louis, not really feeling any pain due the painkillers they had given him, just the pain is his heart that ached and wouldn't go away.

After sometime Louis' eyes started fluttering and Harry swallowed hard, taking a deep breath.

"Hazz?"

Harry reached for his hand. "Yes baby, I'm here."

Louis looked around, feeling confused. "Wha- what happened?"

Harry tried to play it cool and gave him a reassuring smile, Louis saw right through that though. "We got into a car accident, sweetheart."

It all seemed to click inside Louis his head as his eyes widened. "Oh god, are you alright?!"

That was Louis, always caring about others but himself.

Harry explained his injuries to him and also what he heard from the doctor about Louis his, telling the boy they would be alright eventually.

Louis seemed to think for a moment. "Hazz, will I ever be able to dance again?"

Shit

He had seen it coming, but not that fast, and he wasn't prepared to answer this question at all, but knew he had to, this was the man he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, he needed to be honest and he would make sure Louis would be alright, he will do everything in his power to make sure that will happen.

"I'm so sorry, love." That was all he said and Louis knew it. He had felt it coming somehow, let's say a gut feeling and he burst into tears once it sank in.

He flew into Harry's arms, crying like he had never done before.

Harry didn't say anything, what could he say? That it was alright? That it wasn't so bad?

No, this was one of the most important things to Louis, it was not fair not alright, so he did the best he could and comforted Louis as he caressed his cheek, wiping away the many tears that were falling down his precious cheeks.

"I was scared to lose you, Louis," Harry whispered, as if the world would fall apart even more if he would speak louder.

"I know you feel lost but I will be there for you, always and forever, I want you to know that. It made me think about all the things we did together and images of the things I still want to experience with you and that's when I realised it..."

Louis lifted his head and pecked his cheek. "Thanks Harry, I will always be there for you as well, what did you realise, love?"

Harry smiled as he held Louis' head in his hands as he intertwined their fingers, feeling so connected to Louis and knowing he felt the same, it was a shit moment with mixed feelings, and also...

"It made me love you even more than I already did, I love you, Louis. Always have and always will, since the day I threw my coffee on you and knew I wanted you to keep that sweater forever and even before that, I love you so much, lou."

Louis opened his mouth but closed it after a second, pulling him in closer for a kiss.

He pulled away after a while, squeezing his hand as he said: "I thought you would never say that," he winked.

His eyes had a sparkle Harry had never seen before. He was beaming and so fricking adorable.

"I love you too, Hazz."

——

Hi lovelies!!

Another tommo baby was blessed with a baby! Sweet Olive, middle name named after her nana, it's lovely honestly.

Uncle Louis is going strong! Hope ya'll had a great xmas and new year's

Sending hugs to ya'll, keep you're head up, good things sometimes take a lot of hard work and you will have to pick yourself up over and over again to get where you want to be - l

We'll be a fineline, we'll be alright... ❤️

Special chappy to me ❤️ listening to lou his songs, feeling close and yet so far

Cya soon!

-Nati🦋