16: Only For The Brave

"No, OUT!" Mr. Hayes yelled, the boy running out of the studio crying.

"Mr. Hayes, with all due respect, that was pretty rude and I believe Harry and I can decide who will stay here, the auditions didn't all even take place yet!" Zayn shook his head, crossing his arms.

Louis sighed, nervously tapping his fingers on his other arm. Today was the selection and boy, they all had been waiting for this day and practice so much.

He hadn't seen Harry a lot lately, mainly due the fact that he had been working a lot when they came back from visiting both families, and when the lessons started again he was training almost every second of the day, together with Liam and Niall.

Harry had been extremely sweet, bringing him lunch and water, watching practice and commenting on all of their moves, trying to get them to where they want to be.

He had missed Harry, even though they slept together in the same bed most nights at Harry's place, since he didn't share a room with Zayn but he did with Niall.

The auditions were right now and a lot of the boys and girls were upset, knowing that what they did wasn't enough to become what they want to be and make a big career out of it.

Some were actually really good and decent, which scared Louis a lot, not really wanting to compete.

He knew Harry really wanted him to join his and Zayn's group, but he knew that Harry respected his wishes on wanting to be treated equal to the rest and work for it himself, achieve with less help, only where needed.

He would give it all, try his best and see what comes next, having Liam and Niall to support him just like they supported him.

They were always there for each other, no matter what. He had really missed his friends and was pretty happy when he got a gift from Niall from Ireland: a duck with ballet shoes on.

"I don't know what is gonna happen with Hayes here," Liam whispered, not looking at him.

Niall sighed. "It can't be any good, I worked so hard on this dance, I hope I won't screw it up with those zombie eyes of him on me." Niall rolled his eyes and Louis pat his shoulder.

"Don't worry, just be confident, we know what we're capable of and we just gotta perform like we always do, I've seen you dance, you two are talented." Liam and Niall shot him a small smile.

"But will it be enough?" Liam asked, tilting his head to the side, shrugging.

"We will know that soon enough." Louis stated, taking a deep breath before his name was called.

The song started to play as he made his way onto the centre of the stage, taking a quick glance at Harry before taking the first steps to hopefully succes.

In his head all he could do was follow the music and remember the steps he had done so many times over the past weeks.

It was like he was flying, the movements going so smoothly like never before.

Was that because he was happy now? Had his feelings for Harry something to do with it? Or was it just a matter of practicing enough?

He didn't know and hadn't got time to even think about it, just dancing like there was no tomorrow.

All eyes were on him, Harry's face neutral and expressionless, but he noticed a glint of adoration, he was proud of Louis.

He finished with one if his feet in the air, holding it straight with his hand as he waited for the last tunes of the song to end.

Once it was over everyone clapped, he bowed and with a small smile went to the side of the room, taking place next to Niall and Liam again.

"You did so well, lou!"

"Yes, this was absolutely amazing! Maybe one of your best performances yet!"

"We knew you had it in you." Compliments came from both boys, praising Louis.

He looked at Harry, who nodded and smiled at him, silently telling him he did great.

He watched as Liam and Niall performed an amazing dance just like the rest of the class.

Once everyone had auditioned Zayn, Harry and Hayes went to discuss the dances and deciding who would be joining their class, possibly even going to nationals.

"Alright students, first of all we want to thank all of you for being here today, all of you were excellent, but some of you really stood out on the dance floor." Zayn started, looking around the room and smiling.

"There are five of you who will be in our class, and those students are..." Harry spoke, taking a deep breath before continuing, the silence being uncomfortable, tension lingering in the air.

"Brooke, Ashton, Liam, Niall and... Louis. Congrats, four guys and one girl will be joining our team, welcome."

Louis immediately hugged Liam and Niall, all of them jumping around in circles, holding each other.

They made it, the three of them would stay together and are a step closer to be a professional dancer!

Once the cheering went down and everyone was talking Harry came to stand next to the three boys, Zayn also joining them.

"Congrats again lads, you were amazing and got a lot of talent." He nodded at Liam and Niall before looking at Louis, his smile reaching his eyes.

"You were fantastic, lou. Your spark is everything, the centre of the attention. Proud of you, babe." He whispered, winking at Louis.

The boy blushed as he wanted nothing more than kissing him so hard his heart would explode.

Yeah, this is what he really wanted in life, more than anything, more than he could ever explain...