CHAPTER 24

"your highness,the sangung is no where to be found but we found this in his room"....a guard said... dropping a paper pack in front of the king....

"What does it contain?"...jeon jong gi asked calmly,his hands clenching and unclenching....

"Opium poppy petals"....

"What?....the queen exclaimed....scrambling to where the evidence was placed....she tore open the pack with shaken hands and indeed alot of dried opium poppy petals fell from it....earning several gasps from people around....

"Find him,search everywhere...do what it takes...I want him alive"....the queen commanded....letting out a shaky breath...

Her son was harmed,not that the poison could kill him but the culprits intention was to end her son's life....

She was in her husband's arm,talking about the kingdom and earthen when a guard came screaming for help....

She felt her heart stopped seeing her son covered in blood and laying lifeless on the floor....

Though he was save but still resting in her chamber,she felt restless....she couldn't help but wonder who dared to harm her only child....

The physician had mentioned that his snacks was poisoned leading to the search for the sangung immediately....who was no where to be found and to worsen it all..a very strong evidence that he was the culprit was found in his room....

"Tae would never do that aunt"....Jimin muttered weakly....despite the fact that it seems like it....Jimin believe in his heart that the white haired would never poison jungkook...

"Why wouldn't he"....lady earth asked...

"Alot of things has happened in the palace and we all are aware that there is a spy of dark magic among us".....she added,glancing hard at Jimin who looked away not knowing how to convince his family who already concluded that taehyung was indeed the culprit....

"Taehyung would never hurt kook....atleast not him"....Mina muttered...tears rolling down her eyes....

Jimin smiled,his mother was with him....

"We should investigate this more...what if he was implicated"....she added,looking from the king to the queen with pleading eyes....

"Investigate?....Somin asked,shaking her head in disbelieve...

"What's there to investigate Mina,the sangung tried to kill my son"....she yelled...folding her hands tight....

"But....

"No,no buts....have always felt a strange aura within him....I never could pinpoint what it was but now I get it....he came to this place with a mission and that's to kill my son....and that's final,I can't believe he bewitched you"....she scoffed,while walking out of the court room...

"You don't get it"....lady aqua muttered silently...slumping on a seat beside her....

"We should investigate more on this uncle, something is not right"......yoongi who has been quiet all through finally said....his gaze on the king who looks calm....

"Not you too yoon"....Ara said dejected....

"What could possibly be wrong...it clear as day he came for kook....can't you see it"....

"We don't just jump into conclusions Ara....as long as we've been,we know how corny this world is....what if we end up hurting an innocent person".....

"He's not innocent"....Ara scoffed....

"It wouldn't hurt to dig more....we still need to know who made the snacks,serve the prince and who provided the poison because as long as I can remember,the guards said the snacks was served by a maid who claimed the sangung was sick"....he stated calmly....