Chapter 12 to Chapter 14

Chapter 12

"Take thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!"

"Just die, you!"

Living Armor Knight and I began our life-and-death battle.

He shot the eight black swords that had come from another dimension at me, and I shot the same number of arrows to intercept them!

Ponrokuro, Ponshichiro, and Ponhachiro-the three new recruits-fell after a brief clash, but their seniors, from Pontaro to Pongoro, were able to break through the barrage without incident thanks to their higher levels.

They went on to fly toward the Armor Knight while emitting jet-black light!

"Tch, then what about this!" He manifested a greatsword, which he immediately swung with a mighty swing, sending Pontaro and the gang flying!

He then glared at me and closed the distance between us at a speed that was unimaginable from its full body armor!

"Heh, since you lost in ranged combat, you've chosen to go up close and personal, huh! In that case!" I materialized three arrows and gripped them tightly. Of course, all of them were Living Weapons. They were Ponkuro, Ponjuro, and Ponjuichiro-three of eight black swords that had been shot down earlier.

Now the limit of my summonable monsters was almost maxed out. The limit was twelve... perhaps because the maximum number of people you could form a party with was 13. According to the strategy guide site, a full party was usually called the 'Great Raid Party'.

But forming a party that large was not without its disadvantages as the risk of friendly fire would jump up, and a boss's HP would rise depending on the number of players who entered the boss room. Five or six players was the sweet spot. The experience points were divided among all the players who participated in the battle, too.

But being a Summoner, that didn't concern me! Monsters received the same amount of experience points as the Summoner, and they were familiars, not players! Their numbers wouldn't affect the boss's HP.

And...

"It's not like I'm completely helpless in close combat! Don't underestimate bow-users, you shithead!"

Throwing my bow away, I started running with arrows gripped tightly in my right hand! As the Armor Knight jumped up into the air and raised his greatsword overhead, I followed suit, leaping into the air before swinging at him with my three arrows.

"You psycho, which bow-user would throw their bow away?!"

"But you threw your sword yourself!"

A blade and arrowheads clashed and scattered sparks in the air.

However, the deadlock only lasted a few moments. I was immediately blown back to the ground, but I managed to land on my feet, skidding back for several meters. Well, my Strength was zero, so the result was only natural.

However...

"?! What's going on... I knocked you away so easily, but why is my greatsword chipped...?" the Armor Knight stiffened in confusion as he looked at his greatsword that was chipped at the place that had hit my arrows.

Fuh, all went according to plan. As expected of me, how smart.

"The answer is simple. These arrows have had their destructive power enhanced by the Strength of the Living Weapons that's possessing them. And unlike swords, you can hold many arrows in your hand.

This equals me having multiple weapons in hand. One swing of mine does three times the damage. To sum up, this is the power of bonds, that's all."

"What?! A-again, which insane bow-user would face their opponent in close combat?!