Chapter 99 to Chapter 101

Chapter 99

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

・Event cleared! You have dealt a certain amount of damage to Tengu Hermit!

You can now learn the secret event limited arts: Advanced Tenma School Archery!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Ugh... what a powerful blow...!"

Master Tengu was laying on the ground.

He'd been blown away after taking my 'King Bison Charge Shot'.

"Kh... the power of that art depends on the strength of your bow. But how could it display such power when used with that worn-out-looking bow?"

"Oh, that, you see, is because this ragged bow of mine is possessed by a Shadow Weapon, my familiar."

The Shadow Weapon's Strength enhanced the bow's attack power. That's why it packed quite a punch.

Well, I originally had the Shadow Weapon possess the bow only so that it could fly.

That way, I could activate 'Arms Barrier' without holding the bow. But now that I'd learned the melee art 'King Bison Charge Shot' which used bows as its medium, it could serve me in more ways.

"Moreover, I have a skill that increases the power of starting gear, further boosting its power. Blowing away one old geezer or two isn't a big deal."

"Who are you calling an old geezer?! Goodness... just be on your way, now. You have completely defeated me, I am no longer worthy to be your master..."

"Yeah, that's true."

I approached Tengu Hermit and then I grabbed his hand and forced him up.

"What are you-?!"

"You and I aren't master and disciple anymore. Going forward, we are rivals!"

"...?!"

Advertisement

My new rival's shoulders shook.

The fact that he was way advanced in age or that he was an NPC didn't matter.

We had fought each other with everything we'd got, and that made him my buddy now! (※The pope also fitted the bill, but he was an asshole so he didn't count.)

"Looking forward to our future battles, Tengu Hermit."

"Kh, h-hmph!"

I smiled at Tengu Hermit, but maybe he was embarrassed? He quickly looked away.

But in the next moment, a message window appeared in front of me...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

・Master NPC Tengu Hermit's favorability of you has maxed out!

You obtained the limited bond material 'Tenma Jewel'!"

※Bond materials can be obtained by maxing out your favorability with master NPCs.

Players can only obtain them once, and by using them to create or reforge weapons and armor, the resulting item will have the effect of reducing the MP cost of the arts learned from the master from which the material is obtained.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hmm~, bond material, huh?"

A beautiful orb came flying down out of nowhere and hovered before me.