Chapter 87 to Chapter 89

Chapter 87

The black rays of light loomed over us like an aurora. We couldn't run away from it-!

"W-what sorcery is this?!"

"Tch, shields!"

I promptly stood in front of Zansword and activated 'Arms Barrier'.

Seven shields appeared before me and absorbed the attac-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

・Durability has reached the limit! 'Steel Shield' is destroyed!

・Durability has reached the limit! 'Silver Shield' is destroyed!

・Durability has reached the limit! 'Gold Shield' is destroyed!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Shit, they're too concentrated!"

With loud and rapid banging sounds-Bababababababababaaaaaang!-three of the shields shattered in less than a couple of seconds!

Dammit, they seemed never-ending! We were gonna die at this rate?!

"No, I'm not dying here! Activate defense arts, 'Radiant Barrier'!"

The four remaining shields shone radiantly. My art increased the shield's defensive strength.

But!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

・Durability has reached the limit! 'Shield of Justice Altena' is destroyed!

・Durability has reached the limit! 'Evil Shield Giarga' is destroyed!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Grrrrrrr?!"

The 666 destructive rays of light were so intense, two more of my shields were destroyed-!

Shit, then!

"'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier'! Since you used multi-attack magic, I'll counter with multi-defense-!"

I recklessly cast the art over and over again to buff my last two shields to the limit!

"'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', 'Radiant Barrier', Radiant... Barrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!"

Under the destructive lights barrage, the two shields shone brighter and brighter.

One of the shields eventually couldn't hold out and was destroyed by the waves of darkness, but-before long...

"...Well, color me surprised. I didn't expect you would survive my attack when you had no prior information about it."

The assassin's astonished voice reached my ears.

Yup-at the cost of six shields and a large amount of MP, I somehow managed to survive her ridiculous magic...!

As a result, I ran out of MP. I couldn't use arts anymore.

"Haa, haa...! How's that, loli girl...!"

"Loli girl...? But I'm an adult in real life..." Alice smiled wryly while scratching her cheek.

What? For real? In the VR world, your avatar's face couldn't be too different from your real one as it might impact your mind.

No matter how I looked at her, she looked like a gradeschooler to me. Her avatar was only about 130cm (4ft 2) tall, too.