Chapter 39 to Chapter 41

Chapter 39

"Pardon the intrusion!"

Kicking down the huge doors, I entered the castle.

I could see no guards around, but ahead of the red carpet was Pope Gregorion, sitting on a throne pompously.

He narrowed his eyes in disgust when he saw me, "Hmph... I never thought my first guest would be a villain like you."

Perhaps it was the effect of 'King of Evil'? Gregorion's cheeks were dripping with sweat.

In other words, the system judged him as a justice-dispositioned NPC. But he was a bastard who believed all monsters were evil just by being alive, even if they were familiars-how incorrigible. After all, my and the devs' sense of values didn't match.

I told Seele and the rest standing behind me, "Sorry, but can you guys surround the castle? He's alone, so I'll settle this by myself. I'm not a fan of ganging up on my opponent."

"Ugugu, those words grate on my ears... but okay. We'll leave him to you, Lord Demon King."

Seele, whose red hair fluttered in the wind, and the Summoners looked at me with trust in their eyes. I nodded back in response.

Alright, now this was gonna be a 1v1 between men. I walked straight toward Gregorion.

"Now let's fight, Your Holiness. Once I take you down, I'm gonna turn this city into a sanctuary for Summoners."

"Hmph, what a load of nonsense. With Ymir-sama's divine protection in place, the life force cannot be reduced by any method other than execution in the city."

"Ymir-sama's divine protection? ...Ahh, you mean the devs' protection system.

"But in that case, I just have to kick you flying out of the city and kill you there, right? That divine protection whatchamacallit is quite loose, huh?"

After I said that, Gregorion's expression suddenly changed. His face reddened and he rose from his throne.

"How dare you disparage God?! Very well... with the power granted unto me by God, the superior being, I will deliver divine punishment upon you!!!!!" The moment he roared, a red light filled the room and the doors closed, blocking my escape.

In addition, several message windows popped up in the air before me, alerting me with warning sounds.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

・Player: Yuri has broken into an important place without permission. An important event-related NPC: Gregorion is in danger.

Hence, the emergency protection system will be activated.

The special area traits: Indestructible and Inescapable, are applied to the surrounding area, and system protection: HP Lock, is disabled, it is now possible to reduce HP in the city.

In addition, all of Gregorion's stats will be raised to 999999999, and he will be granted invincibility. He will not take damage from players and monsters, nor will he be afflicted by status ailments.

Additionally, the player is sentenced to 10 death sentences. When their HP becomes zero, their level will be reduced by 10. Player: Yuri has a cumulative total of 10,326 death sentences.

This area will remain locked until the player dies. Death is the only way out of here. Please just give up and let yourself be killed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Guhahahahahahahaha! Behold, this is God's power!!!"

Receiving absolute divine protection, Gregorion's appearance began to change.