1

"Oh goodness gracious, this is delicious!!" Mrs Clara, my boss complimented as she took a forkful of pasta into her mouth

"Oh goodness gracious, this is delicious!!" Mrs Clara, my boss complimented as she took a forkful of pasta into her mouth. I felt the speed of the pulse in my heart die down a bit and relief washed over my system.

"I'm glad you love it ma'am" she flashed me a sweet smile. Her eyes gave away how impressed she was by my meal and I couldn't be anymore happy. She tucked the strands of her hair that escaped its bun behind her ear and continued eating from the plate of food.

"This is impressive Luna, I'm sure Ms Serrano would be more than willing to offer you this contract" she encouraged and I wouldn't deny the rings of light that flashed in my tensed heart.

"I'll be more than happy to be at her service ma'am and I promise i won't disappoint you" I assured and a soft smile played on her lips. "I know that Luna"

"So when do i meet with her?" I questioned. She stopped eating and stared at me in silence for a while before she proceeded in giving a reply. "You'll get a feedback from me in three days Luna. Our manager would have to take a sample over to the Serranos and until then all you have to do is wait and hope you get the contract dear". I thanked her with a smile after she was done with her explanation and then left her office.

I released a breath I didn't plan to hold and placed my hand on my chest as if it would steady my heart beat. The Serranos are one of the wealthiest and reputable people in the state I hope they are impressed by my cooking and offer me this contract.

Ever since Mrs Clara informed me about their offer and the reason she chose me out of the many chefs that work in the hotel, I've been nervous and also excited as well. Now all I can do is hope I get this cause the income I'd make from it will help me a lot. I said a silent prayer and returned to the kitchen.

I looked at the time on the clock and saw it was almost time for my shift to end which added to the happiness I was feeling already. I assisted the head chef in making the dishes for the next set of customers. The moment he announced the food was ready, the other chefs began dishing out the food for the waiters to take to the customers and since my work there was done i decided to call it a day.

"Sir Desmond, I'll be leaving now" he smiled and gave me an approving nod. I went to the staff room and changed out of my work outfit into my normal attire. I packed some food for my siblings cause I knew we'd all be tired to cook something so we could just eat the food from the hotel.

I got out and looked up at the dark sky when I felt a tiny wet sensation on my skin. At first glance, the sky appeared saturated and I knew it wouldn't be so long before the sky started wailing. I was able to get a cab before the rain began pouring and i reached home before it became heavier.

I was welcomed by the warm temperature and homey fragrance of our living room and the darkness of the place signaled that they were not back. I switched the lights on and made my way to the kitchen to keep the food then headed to my room to get some rest.