4

wouldn't you have breakfast?" She yelled from the kitchen

.....wouldn't you have breakfast?" She yelled from the kitchen. "No, I'm late already. I'll grab something after my meeting" I didn't wait for her reply I was out of the house. My Uber was waiting already and I was grateful for his punctuality. I greeted him the moment I was settled in and he began the ride.

I felt my heart skip at every commercial building we passed by cause it awakened the reality in me. The car came to a stop and I looked up at the sky high building that screamed luxury. "Thank you sir" I handed him his fare and got down from the car. I gave myself a mental encouragement and confidently went in.

The air buzzed with excitement as employees scurried about, each with their own role and purpose. The company's history was like a hidden treasure which held tales of triumphs and challenges. Its culture, a drapery woven by the collective values and traditions of its people. I found myself navigating through the company's hallway, encountering quirky employees as I made my way to the CEO's office through the elevator.

My heart dung along with the elevator bell which signaled my arrival. The reality of meeting my new boss evoked a mix of excitement and nervousness.

My heart fluttered with anticipation as I walked down to her office wondering what kind of person she is and how she will shape my professional journey. There's a sense of curiosity and eagerness to make a good impression, but also a hint of apprehension about what laid ahead. It's like stepping into the unknown, ready to embark on a new chapter of my life.

Finally, I reached her door and made a fist but before I could knock on the door a lady from the other end pulled it open. She was in gray suit, her hair tied up in a neat formal bun and she had a polite smile painted on her face.

"Good morning to you Ms" I returned her greeting with a smile. "How can I help you?" She inquired.

"Ms Serrano. I have an appointment with her" she nodded and went back into the office. Looking at the small space and the way she addressed me I figured out that I met with her secretary instead. She got behind her desk and typed away on her laptop for a few second.

"Okayy, Ms Luna San..... "that's me" she smiled and asked me to follow her. We got into the elevator and all through the ride I kept the contract clutched to my chest while my mind traveled into the space of my thoughts.

We got to a hallway that appeared to be less busy than the receptionist. The beige and oak interior protruded a calm and formal atmosphere. We reached a large oak door and she knocked lightly.

She gently turned the knob of the door and peeked in. "Ms Serrano, you..... "Let her in" I heard the voice of my soon to be boss.

I was engulfed into the warm ambience of the pale pink interior. She was positioned behind the dark brown expensive table which was stationed right in front of the ceiling length window. Her eyes were stuck to the screen of her laptop hiding her facial features from me.