20

I stepped out onto the balcony, my wet curls hanging loose around my shoulders

I stepped out onto the balcony, my wet curls hanging loose around my shoulders. The cold night air was a shock to my system, but I savored the sensation.

The dark sky was illuminated by the soft glow of snowflakes, falling gently to the ground. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to retain the warmth from the hot bath I had just taken.

The silence of the night was broken only by the sound of the snowflakes hitting the ground, and i felt a sense of peace wash over me. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to get lost in the moment while I thought about the events of today.

My eyes fell on the bracelet hooked around my wrist and a small smile stained my features. The charms were shaped in a moon with little shiny rhinestones complimenting its beauty. It was a wonderful masterpiece.

My fingers uncontrollably moved to touch the pendant on my neck. I don't think I'll be taking these off anytime soon.

Why did he really gift me this? I wondered with a smile on my face.

After the encounter with the pretty lady, Hilda, back at the mall, his mood switched into a non conversational one.

I wondered what they conversed about and what their relationship was all about. Why did she look so heartbroken talking to him, and why did he respond to her in a cold manner? She could be his ex but that's not the problem here, I was curious about what happened...  I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath. This isn't your business Luna. I reminded myself.

"It's late, why aren't you asleep yet?" I jumped in surprise, my heart racing as I turned to find him standing at the balcony doorway.

"Russo" I whispered as he majestically walked towards me. Once he was close enough he stared directly into my eyes with a lot of words speaking in his irises.

"W..why are you here?" I looked away from his electrifying gaze and focused them on the starry sky.

"To stare at your pretty face" As the words fell from his lips, the deep, husky tone washed over me like a warm wave.

The way he looked at me was nothing short of searing, his eyes were intense and they focused on me as if i were the only person in the world. I could feel the heat of his gaze, a scorching intensity that ran down my spine and ignited a warmth in my stomach.

"W..what?" He chuckled and looked away, positioning his gaze to the sky.

"I needed an escape Luna, so I came here"

"Escape from what?" My voice was extremely low. If it wasn't for our proximity and the silence lingering around us, he probably wouldn't have heard me.

"Life". His reply was short yet deep.

"And being with me will help that?" He turned to face me and a genuine smile crawled up his face. His smile was like the sun breaking through the night clouds, illuminating the entire world with its warmth and beauty.