9

The maid finally returned but she was alone which made me confused but before I could throw any question, Ms Serrano descended from the staircase

The maid finally returned but she was alone which made me confused but before I could throw any question, Ms Serrano descended from the staircase. She was dressed in a cozy outfit and her hair was in a lazy bun.

"Good morning Ms Serrano" I greeted and she returned it with a heartwarming smile. "Welcome Ms Sanchez, I hope it wasn't a trouble looking for our home" a short laugh left my lips and I shook my head.

"Thanks to google map, it wasn't a difficult task" she smiled at the lame joke then turned to the maid.

"Emma, please get us a glass of juice, would you like something else Ms Sanchez?"

"No, juice is fine" Emma bowed and left us.

"So Luna, welcome once again to ElSerrano"

"Thank you Ms Serrano"

"Okay, I'll start with this. Your certificates clearly indicated you aren't married yes?" Although it was a rhetorical question I still affirmed to it with a nod, my mind wondering where this was going to.

"This simply means you do not have a spouse nor kids. But do you have a boyfriend you stay with or anyone who depends physically or financially on you?" Her confident and focused gaze pierced into my eyes.

"No Ms Serrano. I live with my elder sister but she is physically and mentally perfect also she doesn't financially depend on me" I explained.

"That's good to know. I'm sorry if my question came off as prying but I needed this information" she waved an apologetic smile.

"It's fine Ms Serrano but permit me to ask, why do need this information?"

"That's because you will be moving into our mansion darling. Everything you need for your new job would be provided" my eyes widened in surprise and i opened my mouth to ask a question but I couldn't get anything out from my throat cause I was dumbfounded. She chuckled at my expression and shook her head.

"I know this is surprising for you and sudden. Our home head chef would be leaving to her hometown in Trinidad. She feels the need to spend time with her loved ones. Although we don't want her to leave because she's a good person and she took care of everyone in the mansion like her children, we have to let her go. Searching for one who would replace her would be quite difficult so I came up with the solution to have you here instead.

You don't have to worry, the pay you'll get from working here at home would be different from your actual pay because they're totally different jobs. Everything you need to carry out your jobs will be provided by us, all we need from you is your hard work and dedication. But if you're uncomfortable with this then you can let me know, you'll just be the mansion chef in the meantime until we get a new one then you can resume your actual job" she finished her explanation and waited for me to give a reply.