30

As the night settled over the earth, the only sound that could be heard was the soft rustling of leaves and the occasional hoot of an owl

The servants had all retired to their quarters, and the family had long since gone to bed. After taking a refreshing shower, I decided to explore a bit since I was unable to sleep

I wandered through the hallways, admiring the stunning artwork and luxurious furnishings. Eventually, I found myself in the dining room.

My stomach rumbled and I decided to treat myself with a late night snack.

As I was indulging in my snack, my phone beeped, signaling a new message. I eagerly unlocked my phone, when I saw that it was a text from Carina.

"Luna, Raphael is awake" I couldn't contain my joy, I let out a whoop of excitement squeal. But as soon as the sound escaped my lips, I realized it was almost midnight and I could wake everyone up.

Realizing my mistake, I quickly covered my mouth with both hands, trying to muffle any further noise.

As I sat there, trying to calm myself down, I realized I needed to speak to her. I quickly grabbed my phone and tiptoed towards the door, silently hoping that i don't wake anyone. I stepped out into the cool night air and breathed a sigh of relief.

After what felt like an eternity, she finally picked up and I couldn't contain my excitement any longer.

"Lun.... "How's he doing? Can I talk to him? Has he had....

"Luna relax would ya" i released a breath and ran my fingers in my curls.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy that he's awake"

"We all are. He asked for you" a lone tear ran down my face, and I felt my face hurting from smiling.

"R..really? Can I talk to him?" I asked in anticipation. "He's asleep, you can come visit tomorrow"

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can, goodnight"

"Good night sis" she hung up. As I made my way back to the dining room excitement bubbled in my belly, and a sense of relief washed over me

While I was enjoying my snack, I felt a presence and
saw a dark shadow lurking at a corner, "Who's there?" I called out.

The shadow didn't move. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest as I waited for a response. Just as I was about to get up and leave, the figure emerged from the shadows.

I saw who it was, and I let out a sigh of relief. "You scared me," I said with a half-hearted smile.

Camila grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Can I join you?"

Without hesitation, I nodded and gestured to the empty seat across from me. Camila sat down and took a ball of apple from the fruit basket.

"How's your brother doing?" The genuineness in her voice brought a smile to my face. "He's awake now, that's all my sister told me but I'm pretty sure he's getting better" she nodded with a ghosted smile.