11

Our eye contact was broken when a kid ran into me causing the tray in my hands to drop on the grass

Our eye contact was broken when a kid ran into me causing the tray in my hands to drop on the grass. The little accident caused a feeling of Deja vu.

"I'm sorry ma'am" he quickly apologized and my heart melted under the adorable tone of his voice. He bent down to pick the broken pieces of the plates and cups but I quickly held his hand.

"Heyy, don't do that, you'll hurt yourself" his gray eyes stared at me with remorse and it made me smile. Recognition flashed in my eyes as I recalled a similar situation and it was this same kid.

His mother along with the other lady and the Serrano sisters rushed towards us.

"Alfonso" the mother groaned and lifted him up. "Not this again" she muttered and shifted her gaze to me. She recognized me in an instant but she still had this look in her eyes; a look that indicated she had seen me somewhere other than the last time and this event but she quickly surpassed it and smiled.

"Oh! It's you again. I'm really sorry about this.....

"You don't have to apologize ma'am, he is a kid". I assured her with a polite smile which she reciprocated.

"Sorry once again" she whispered.

"Did you get hurt Luna?" Ms Janelle asked with genuine concern written in her eyes.

"No ma'am, I'm fine. I'm sorry for this mess, I'll go get another tray" she fanned my apology off and permitted me to leave.

"Hey, are you alright?" Emma questioned the moment I got into the kitchen.

"Nothing serious" she didn't believe at first but when she noticed I had no cut from the broken plates and cups she let me be.

I hastily set out the meal in a tray and took it out. This time when I got out, they were all seated around the table.

A robuste aged lady who appeared to be in her sixty's sat at the head of the table with happy tears in her eyes and a wide smile while Ms Serena gave a farewell speech and spoke good about her. I placed the tray on the table and served everyone a plate of food while earning a light thank you from them.

While I was efficiently carrying out my work my eyes met with his eyes again which meant he's had them on me for a while. I quickly looked away and finished my work. I left after i ensured everything needed was provided at the dining table.

As the night slowly made its way, it was like a gentle dance of darkness and tranquility. The daylight faded, the world starts to quiet down and calmness settled in.

The stars began to twinkle in the night sky, creating a mesmerizing backdrop, while the moon shone its soft, silvery glow.

The music had been tuned to a very low volume and the maid started clearing the dishes. I remained in the kitchen until they finished cleaning then I inspected everywhere and wished everyone goodnight. I switched the lights off and made my way out of the kitchen only to collide with a body.