15

I zipped up my box after folding the last piece of clothe

I zipped up my box after folding the last piece of clothe. I looked at the mirror to ensure that my appearance was modest. I smoothened my hair with my palm and pulled my dress down properly. Satisfied with my look I grabbed my box and hand bag and left the room.

I rolled the sleek black suitcase down the brightly lit hallway. The wheels glided effortlessly on the polished floor as i gracefully navigated my way down the quiet corridor.

The sun cast a warm glow on the elegant facade as i stepped out of the front doors, my luggage in hand. Austin quickly came to my aid and before I could stop him from getting my box he grabbed it from me and I thanked him with a smile. I walked down the marble steps, my heels clicking against the stone as I made my way towards the waiting car parked just outside the mansion's entrance.

"You look gorgeous Luna" Ms Serena complimented and a shy smile crept up my face. "Thank you Ms serena" I whispered which made her roll her eyes.

"I've told you before, Serena is just fine, calling Ms Serena makes it sound like I'm 30 moreover you're more like a business partner than an employee, I hope you get that now" I laughed at the dramatic expression on her face and shook my head.

"Okay Ms se.. I mean Serena"

"That's much better. C'mon you have to leave now, where's Russo?" She inquired while her eyes roamed around in search of him.

"He left already, and must be waiting at the airport. Let's go Luna" Janelle asserted without looking away from her phone.

The chauffeur, dressed in a crisp uniform opened the door for us with a polite bow. He helped place our luggage in the trunk before settling into the plush leather seats.

"Safe trip. Don't forget to call if there's an issue" Serena added.

"Yes, I'll" i bid her goodbye and the driver began the ride. As we drove away from the mansion, l looked out the window, taking in the scenic views and feeling a sense of excitement for the journey ahead.

The warmness of the sun engulfed my skin the moment I got down from the car. The air was crisp and fresh, and i took in a deep breath. The chauffeur helped us with our luggage and I thanked him with a polite smile.

As we walked towards the airport entrance, Janelle paused and looked up from her phone. She's been on it since the moment we began our journey and the expression on her face was not exactly pleasant. Displeasure and annoyance were clear in her eyes.

"Luna, Chris will take you to Russo. I have to go now, my flight is in ten minutes" my brows creased in confusion.

"We aren't going together?"

"No Luna, I'm not going to Luxembourg with you, I need to attend to a trivial matter in Singapore so Russo would accompany you. I'd be taking the public flight while you two will use the jet, see you soon Luna" I didn't have the opportunity to ask any further question, she disappeared into the crowd.