// CHAPTER THIRTY SIX //

(A/N: Just wondering guys, anyone manage to score tickets to their tour? Me and my friend had to pay £50 each for a ticket in Doncaster (that's no where near us) due to all the companies buying them. Sucks major bum bum.)

Matty's P.O.V

I woke up to a bunch of tangled curls sprawled over my face and my arm feeling numb. Aves was still sound asleep, I could tell by the way her body rose and fell slowly as she breathed. I found myself smiling as I watched her from behind, before carefully removing my arm from underneath her as not to wake her and climbed out of bed. I found my signature black boxers scattered along the floor and pulled them on, flashbacks of last nights antics filling my mind. Although she looks the innocent part, Avery was fucking filthy. The way she teased and licked was sensational, and by my first look at her I wouldn't have thought she'd have grasped such a talent. I loved it.

The week had gone by so slowly, but the weekend was finally here and we had our long-awaited gig tonight. As I padded to the kitchen, a feeling of dread filled my stomach as I remembered G and the lads were gonna announce our tour to the fans tonight, and I was still yet to tell Avery. Frankly I was scared of her reaction, surely she'd be happy for me but I was gonna be gone a year. Would she want to come with me? I've barely even known her for that long, I don't know if I'd be able to cope with her constantly there.

Then again, would I be able to cope if she wasn't?

As I popped two pieces of bread in the toaster and boiled the kettle, the idea of being so far from her made a lump rise to my throat. It was her I'd relied on to help me when I was on my drug highs and lows, and she'd always come through for me. Always. But that's hard to do when you're thousands of miles away and in a different time zone.

I shook my head as if to shake the thought from my mind, as a pair of hand wrapped themselves around my waist. I looked down at the hands expecting to see a pair of dainty, small fingers, but was shocked to see a pair of thick hands resting on my stomach.

"The fuck!" I said, pushing them off and turning to face the now laughing culprit.

"Alright there lover boy?" Brad laughed, making kissy faces at me. I lunged to hit him with the towel that was resting on the side, but he was quick and moved out the way with yet another laugh. "I'm surprised you have so much energy, especially after your night last night."

"You really need to stop listening in on people man, it's creepy." I cringed, taking the toast out and buttering it.

"Don't be so loud then, it's not like I was listening with a glass pressed to my ear."

"Oh he was, I walked in on him when I went to retrieve my headphones," Callum yawned as he walked in and took a seat at the table, "But in fairness I could hear too." He almost spat the last sentence, a hint of venom clear in his voice. Did I just imagine that or?

"Yeah... noted." I said, placing the plates and cups on a tray and walking back to Avery's room.

Avery's P.O.V

I'd just woken and sat up as Matty practically stumbled into my room, struggling to balance to the plates and cups he had resting on a tray. As soon as he saw me sitting patiently he smiled, bringing the tray over and placing it across my knees.

"I know it's not on the same level as pancakes, but this is about the extent of my cooking abilities." He chuckled, taking a piece of toast in his hand and standing by the window. I watched his skinny figure and the way his tattoos moved as he took out a cigarette and lit it, holding it in one hand and the slice of toast in the other as he leaned out of my window and smoked.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking a bite before washing it down with a sip of tea.

"You're coming to the gig tonight right?" He asked, not turning around from his space at the window. His eyes were focused on something, barely blinking as he took another drag.

"Of course," I said slowly, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." He said, snapping out of his trance and flashing his cheeky side smile. I couldn't help but smile back as I finished my breakfast and climbed out of bed, not bothering to change out of the underwear I was wearing as I threw on a pair of jeans and an ordinary shirt.

"A request though; next time we go to bed please tie your hair up?" Matty smirked.

------

I struggled to walk in my heels as I carried a bunch of pizza boxes back stage, down the small corridor filled with technical people and a few acts that I recognised. Matty insisted that the gig was a "proper" event so I had to dress up, so I was wearing these stupid heels I'd worn twice before along with a low cut vest top and floral flowy skirt. I hadn't seen Matty yet as he had to rush off for sound check an hour early, so I had to rely on Brad and Callum's review of the outfit.

I found the curtain with a piece of paper saying "The 1975" written in scruffy writing carelessly taped across it, before pulling it across and stepping inside the small enclosed space containing a sofa, a table and a dressing table.

"Dannnnng Avery!" George's voice boomed as he was the first to see me. Adam, Ross, Matty and some other random girl turned around to face me and their jaws practically dropped to the ground. I was glad I had the pizza boxes still in hand, as I clutched them close to my body in an attempt to hide behind them.

"Is it bad?" I said, biting my lip as I felt my cheeks beginning to burn red. George opened his mouth to reply, before the unknown girl hit him across the arm with pure fury evident in her eyes.

"You look hot." Ross said nonchalantly, before returning to tuning his bass. Adam nodded his head in agreement, before taking a pizza box from me and scurrying away to the corner. I looked to Matty who was still stood in the same place, before he walked over to me, his fingers playing with his mouth as he took in every inch of me with his eyes.

"You look hot, beautiful, sexy and every other associating word under the sun." Matty said to me, pecking at my cheek. He moved his lips to my ear, before whispering the words "I'd take you in the bathroom right now if I could." My cheeks were radiating a dark crimson colour now as I immediately blushed heavily at his words, before he led me to the sofa and pulled me on top of him. He flipped open the lid of the box, before taking a slice and dangling it above my head. I hung my head back as he dipped the tip of the pizza into my mouth and fed me. As I chewed, I felt Matty's fingertips drawing circles on my thigh through my tights, before they gradually started moving up.

"Matty!" I hissed, grabbing his hand that he had now slipped under my skirt. "What if someone sees?"

"They won't." He grinned, before pulling the pizza box closer to my stomach in order to hide his hand. His teeth nipped at the skin on my neck as I released his hand, letting him wander towards my region and tenderly start stroking through the crotch of my tights. I bit my lip again, this time in order to stop myself making a noise at the contact, and Matty plastered an evil grin across his face in response. He removed his hand, before returning to his original position of drawing circles on my thighs.

"There's time for more of that later, but right now I need to tell you something." He said, his face suddenly serious as he let out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked, moving the pizza box out of the way and turning my body to face him, so I was practically straddling his thighs. A wave of achievement washed over me as Matty glanced down at my legs either side of him and a slight blush crept up his neck.

"Well, you know the meeting yesterday with management? We signed a contract, and we um, we-"

"GUYS YOU'RE ON NOW. MOVE IT." A stage hand boomed as he ripped open the curtain, interrupting Matty. I looked to him, as he looked towards me and the stage hand, a decision clearly taking place in his mind.

"MATT, MOVE IT."

"Ave, I'm sorry, I-" he said, gently pushing me off him to his side and standing up. "Don't urm, don't leave. I promise I'll explain after-"

"MATT."

Matty looked at me, pain evident in his eyes, before he ran off after the stage hand and his band mates and I was left to wonder what he was sorry for.