// CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO //

(A/N: Don't forget to comment guys, I need your feedback as this is one of the chapters that has been decided by you. Thank you all for the time you put into the survey, lets see what we created together!)

---

Matty's P.O.V

What.

The.

Fuck.

I wiped my eyes with my balled up fists, making sure I wasn't seeing things. 

"I can explain-" Sophie said, taking away a bloody tissue from her face and offering me a weak smile. Her teeth had blood in the grooves. 

"Wha-" I began, but the shock was too much. I scratched my head, my curls bouncing against the back of my hand. 

"I um, I'm guess I'll see you soon?" Sophie said, turning to Avery. Avery gave a small shrug, pulling a few tissues out of the box next to her bed and offering them to her. 

"Sure. Sorry I hit you."  Avery said, before leading Sophie out of the door. I waited until I heard the familiar click of the front door closing before turning to face Avery, my head swirling full of questions I didn't know how to phrase.

"Weird, right?" She chuckled, before bending down to scoop up the box of grapes that had fallen out of the plastic bag i was holding mere seconds ago. She nonchalantly sat on her bed, peeled back the plastic cover and popped a few into her mouth before smirking at my bewildered face. "You look like a deer in headlights."

"But-"

"She came round to apologise, said a lot of stuff. Still not sure if I believe most of it, but I'm gonna give her a chance. Everyone deserves one, right?" 

"A chance? Are you joking, after what she-"

"You mean after what the two of you did. It takes two to tango, Matty, and you're not one to preach about being given a chance when you've had like, twelve."

"...You have me there." I smirked. I exhaled a breath I didn't realise I was holding, and went to sit on the bed next to Avery, pulling her into my side so her head rested against my shoulder. I could feel her jaw moving as she continued to munch on the grapes. "Just... be careful, alright?" 

"Chad has written your debt off too, by the way. Sophie got him to." She said, offering me the box.

"What? Why? How?" 

"It's a super long story." She said, adjusting her head so that her chin was resting on my shoulder, and her big green eyes were peering up at me. My stomach fluttered slightly. 

"Well, you can tell me about it in the car." I said, turning my face and kissing her forehead.

"In the car? Where are we going?"

"For a date. Duh." I said, standing to my feet and walking out of her bedroom. "I'm gonna have a coffee - hurry up will ya."

---

Avery's P.O.V

After filling Matty in the whole Sophie fiasco in the car, I hadn't even realised that we'd pulled up outside of a house in an estate I didn't recognise. It looked old, the brickwork red and faded with age. 

"Matty I swear to god if you're picking up drugs-"

"What? No!" Matty scoffed with a laugh, tucking a few loose curls behind his ear. "Just come inside and you'll see." He smiled at me and quickly clambered out of the car, taking the steps at the front of the house two at a time. He was acting weird the whole way here; jiggling his leg, untucking and re-tucking his hair. They were small things, but something was definitely going on. He almost seemed...nervous?

I hesitantly got out of the car and closed the door before walking up the steps and meeting Matty at the heavy oak door. 

"Almost...got...it..." he said, struggling with a key in the lock. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked around suspiciously, worried that any neighbours or prying eyes were watching us and thinking we were breaking in. It was a nice estate, and seeing people like Matty and I dressed entirely in black and matching leather jackets was probably not a regular occurrence. Thankfully, Matty had eventually managed to wrestle the key in to the lock and we were able to get inside.  We were met with a beautiful spiral staircase at the end of the small hallway, the gold paint contrasting the dark flowered carpet beautifully. I found myself speechless, running my hands against the walls until I got to a closed door on the right. I turned to look back at Matty, and he was stood leaning against the front door, a big smirk on his face.

"Well?"

"Well it's beautiful, but I still don't know what we're doing here. I thought we were going on a date?" I asked, looking at the picture frame hanging on the wall. A blonde haired woman I'd never seen before had her arms around the shoulders of a much younger looking boy who shared some striking similarities with Matty. I felt his arms slide around my shoulders and guide me towards the stairs.

"All in due time, Aves. Up you go." He said, smacking my bum playfully as I began climbing. I got to the top and made my way in to the bedroom which was quite minimalistic compared to what I'd already seen of the rest of the house, but was beautiful nonetheless. A single pink orchid sat in an old milk bottle on the windowsill, soaking up the rare London sunshine.

"So, do you like it?" He asked, perching on the end of the bed. I nodded, running my fingers against the chestnut drawers and inspecting them - not a hint of dust.

"Of course." I said.

"So how would you feel about moving in?" He said, picking at his nails as if it wasn't a huge deal. I, on the other hand, almost choked on my own spit.

"Move in? Here? But that would mean-"

"Living together, yeah. It's my house Aves, bought it a while back but have only just finished decorating. Obviously I won't be here all the time, there's the whole band thing but-"

"Matty, that's a big step. Have you really thought this through?" I said, biting my lip. He looked at me and smiled, before standing up and taking my hands in his.

"It's something I've been thinking about for a while. I know you're not comfortable in your dorm, Aves. You say you are but you aren't, I can feel it. Not since what happened." he sighed, cupping my face with one of his hands and running his thumb across my cheek. It felt coarse due to playing his guitar without a pick. "Also I think it'd be good for us... if we're really going to try to make this work, why not? I love you Avery. I can't think of one good reason why you shouldn't move in."

"I don't even know where we are, I have uni-"

"North East London, about 20 minutes away in the car but you could get the train each morning, commute. There's a shuttle bus from the station that will take you." Matty smiled at me, his brown eyes staring in to my own. "I've thought about it all Avery. Just move in with me."

"...okay."

"Say it, Aves."

"I'll move in with you." I laughed. He grinned, putting his forehead against mine. 

"You're moving in."

"I'm moving in." In an instance Matty cupped both sides of my face and kissed me eagerly, pulling me to my toes. I couldn't help but laugh into the kiss, our smiles pressing against each other. 

"You want to see the second best part?" Matty asked, pulling away and raising an eyebrow. I nodded, and he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the window with the orchid. "Look over there." I followed where he was pointing, and could see two figures waving from the window. I squinted, not believing my eyes.

"No."

"Yup."

"Oh my god." I laughed, taking off down the stairs and opening the front door wide. I ran down the stone steps and up to the house next door. As soon as I got to the front door it opened, and a pair of arms wrapped around me and swung me around.

"Ello stranger!" George laughed, finally putting me down. "I take it it's good news?" 

"The best." Matty said, coming up from behind me and putting an arm around my waist and pressing a kiss to my temple. 

"I still can't believe you two bought houses next to each other." Emily laughed, appearing behind George, her hand resting on her small bump.

"We're best friends, it has to be done." Matty shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean we can't go from sharing a bed to living miles apart, it's not natural." George smirked, elbowing Matty. Matty only rolled his eyes, before pushing past George and making a b-line for the kitchen. 

"Do you wanna come up and see where we're gonna put the baby's nursery?" Emily said, watching George as he disappeared after Matty.

"You're gonna live here too?" I asked, my hands coming to my mouth in shock. 

"At some point, not yet though. I need quiet to finish my studies, and with George's drum kit..."

"Say no more," I laughed "how long have you known about this whole situation?"

"For a while. Trust me, I wanted to tell you but Matty insisted he got the house decorated first. He thought it'd make you more likely to want to live there." Emily turned around and smiled at me, wrapping me up in a tight hug. "He does love you, you know."

"I know." I smiled, not being able to stop myself from tearing up. "It finally feels like things are on the up."

"I'd drink to that if I could." She laughed, opening the door to an empty room apart from the white crib placed in the middle.