// CHAPTER FORTY NINE //

A/N: I've updated chapter FORTY EIGHT with some important stuff in regards to Matty's 'big secret' so go back and take a look, ty.

Matty's P.O.V

I'd been laying on my bed for hours now. George was right, I was no Sherlock Holmes. Even if I could read that number plate in the video I wouldn't know what to do with it. Sighing, I rolled onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. 

Why me?

I felt a presence at the door and mustered all the effort I had in my body to turn my head to the side to face it. 

"Miss me?" Sophie grinned, leaning against the door frame. I rolled my eyes and returned to facing the ceiling. It was more attractive.

"What do you want, Sophie?" I groaned.

"Sophie? What happened to Soph?" She asked. I could hear the smirk in her voice.

"I still don't understand why you forced me to call you that and play happy families in front of Avery and everyone. I'll pay you for the heroin, just stop fucking around all the time."

"Where's the fun in that?" She giggled, inviting herself to lie next to me on the bed. "Plus I wanted a cute pet name. Not fair that Aves has one and I don't." I huffed in annoyance, trying to ignore her presence next to me.

"Anyway, about this heroin." She said, sitting upright.

"Have you got it?"

"Yes, but that's not the issue."

"Then what's the fucking issue." I said, clenching my jaw.

"Well this time, I want more for it." She purred, pulling at one of my curls. I batted her hand away in annoyance, and shifted my body towards the edge of the bed - the furthest I could get away from her with minimal effort.

"I just said I'd pay you."

"I don't want your money." She smirked, snaking her leg over my waist so she was straddling me. "I want you."

"Get fucked." I laughed in disbelief. She was kidding, right?

"Well, that's the idea." She grinned, planting a sloppy kiss on my neck. Her attempt at being sexy and seductive was nothing but a flop - exactly like my dick at the sight of her.

"No way in hell is that happening. Avery-"

"Avery's mad at you anyway, she isn't coming back for a while. She'll never have to know." She purred yet again, moving herself up and down on my crotch.

"Not a fucking chance." I spat, attempting to push her off me. She caught my arms and pinned them either side of my head, yet another attempt at being sexy and spontaneous that just wasn't working out for her.

"Then there's not a fucking chance that you're getting that heroin. Enjoy the cravings, vomiting and insomnia." She grinned devilishly, pushing herself off me and towards the door. My mind was going crazy and my heart lurched at the idea of cheating on Avery, but I needed those drugs. I needed them. Me and Avery weren't together, and she was running around with that fuckwit from the cafe. It's not cheating, right?

"Wait!" I said, scrambling off the bed and in front of Sophie, blocking the way with my arm. "Just this once right?"

"Right." She smiled.

"And Avery will never find out. Nobody will ever find out. Got it?"

"Got it." She grinned yet again.

"Only missionary. None of this other shit. You're not worth that much energy." I grimaced at the thought.

"Fine."

"...Okay then." I sighed in defeat, beginning to unbuckle my belt. Sophie's hand reached out to stop me, and I looked up in confusion.

"Oh no don't stop, go ahead. Get ready for me, just like I'll be getting ready for you." She smirked, reaching into her handbag and pulling out some lingerie that looked distinctly familiar. She planted a kiss on my cheek, before heading towards the bathroom with a spring in her step.

"I'm sorry Avery." I whispered to myself, proceeding with unbuckling my belt and getting this hell over with.

---

Sophie's P.O.V

I dialed the number in my phone, and eagerly a waited the dial tone to be replaced by his gruff, sexy voice. Soon enough, my patience was rewarded.

"Hey baby." He said. I could tell he was smirking. "How's it going?"

"Good. I've just managed to talk him out of his pants. Your plan's working, babe."

"You're such a good girl." His voice made goosebumps run down my spine. "And Avery?"

"She should be back any minute. I still can't get over the pure luck of seeing her and that bushy eyebrow'd kid whilst I was on my run this morning."

"God was clearly looking out for one of his angels." He grinned into the mic. "Let me know how it all pans out. Can't wait for Matty to get a taste of his own fucking medicine."

"I will Chad. Talk to you later." I smirked, before hanging up the phone.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, but in this case it's better to look smoking hot. I slipped on the lingerie, the same set that Matty's fatty had bought for herself and looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. Perfect.

---

Avery's P.O.V

"So you're just gonna forget about everything that happened the other day?" Adam asked, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't say that. I just don't want to fight with him for the rest of the time I have here with all of you. It's not fair on any of us."

"I'll agree to that." George grinned, pulling me in for a cuddle as we walked towards our hotel door. 

"Woah, no ruffling my hair or giving me a noogie?" I grinned.

"Meh, I'm feeling generous today." He grinned back at me, before playfully elbowing me in the ribs. "Go get him tiger."

Ross opened the hotel door for us and I stepped inside with the boys following closely behind. My original plan was to finally get changed into that fancy lingerie I'd bought the other day and seduce Matty into raising the white flag and possibly telling me about this big bad secret, but with the boys insisting on being here to have my back, that idea went straight out the window. Instead, I left the boys chatting idly in the living room and I made my way towards Matty's bedroom. I raised my hand to knock, before I heard giggling and the sound of a bed creaking. 

No.

Surely not?

I stayed perfectly still, my hand still raised in the air and perching against the wood of his door. More giggles. More creaking. Even a moan. My confidence boosted by my mixture of emotions, I swung open his door and soon wished I hadn't. 

Matty.

Sophie.

His head instantly turned to look when I'd opened the door, and the shock on his face said it all. Everything was a blur. Matty had scrambled from between her legs and was now standing in front of me, pleading with me and running his hand through his hair in frustration. The sheet from the bed was wrapped around his waist loosely, and I found myself staring at the lipstick marks across his chest. Across his tattoo, my favourite tattoo, the one I traced endlessly until I fell asleep. My eyes flicked up towards Sophie laying carelessly on the bed, with a big smirk on her face. I pulled them away and instead fixated on my hands. Matty had grabbed one of them and was cupping it within his own, trying desperately to intertwine his fingers with mine. But I felt nothing. I didn't feel his touch, I didn't feel the electric spark that was constantly passing beneath both of our fingertips. Nothing.

Sound had reduced itself to nothing more than a mere hum in my head. I couldn't hear the words coming out of Matty's mouth. I hadn't even realised that the boys were stood behind me until I felt myself being guided out of the room by one of them, away from everything, away from the one person that made everything feel right even when it was so incredibly wrong.

I can't breathe.