// CHAPTER FIFTY THREE //

(A/N: Bought a new laptop, got a better piece of mind; Lets do dissssssss)
------

"HEY NOW CALL IT A SPLIFF CUS YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILLLLLLLL" Tessa screeched over her blaring speakers.

"It's split, not spliff." I muttered under my breath. Super fan my arse. Tessa skipped into my room, her dutch braids bouncing slightly with each step she took. She came to an abrupt stop in front of my bed, before falling onto it backwards and kicking her legs in the air with a squeal of excitement.

"Are you excited yet?!" She giggled, sitting back up as quick as she'd lay down.

"Ecstatic." I grimaced.

"Would it kill you to dial back the sarcasm for once?"

"Most likely." I put my hairbrush down on my dresser and stared at my reflection in the mirror. The girl who stared back looked dull and just...sad. Her eyes were dull and emotionless, and a permanent frown was placed upon her face. I barely recognised her anymore. I'd lost a lot of weight in the past month or so, mostly due to not having any appetite or just not having the energy to leave my bed. My face looked slimmer, but other than that you couldn't really tell a difference; I was still fat, ugly, and completely unlovable. With a heavy sigh, I turned to face Tessa. She was wearing a slinky, small white romper covered in purple flowers that cut off just above the middle of her thigh. Her tanned legs were long and toned, her feet decorated with a pair of black ballet pumps. As usual, she looked beautiful. I wish I looked like that, I found myself thinking as I forced myself up off my stool and pulled out my pre-picked outfit for the night. 

"That'll look great on you!" Tessa piped up, an innocent grin plastered over her face. I bit my lip and gave a half smile, before turning to walk out of the doorway and into the bathroom we all shared. I was close with Tessa, but not close enough that I'd want to change in front of her. I wasn't that close with anyone in fact.

Only Matty.

I quickly pushed the thought from my mind and slipped on my clothes. I took a final look in the full length mirror in the bathroom. I'd chosen my new blue boyfriend jeans that I'd rolled up at the bottom, decorated with a large black belt with a silver buckle. I also had a black cami top that probably showed off more of my breasts than it should, along with a red and black plaid shirt that I'd tied around my waist. I'd put it on when we go outside, but knowing how hot gigs get and how much my face resembles a tomato when warm, I'd rather be victim to goosebumps than looking like a fruit.

"You look great! Real indie." Tessa winked at me as I exited the bathroom. She was stood directly outside the door with my bag, keys and phone in hand. She was clearly raring to go.

"I'm not sure whether 'real indie' is an actual compliment or not, but I'll take it." I laughed anxiously, rubbing my arm. "Well, let's get this hell over with shall we?"

-----

Matty's P.O.V

I craned my head out of the window, eager to take another drag of my cigarette. I held the toxins in for a second, before blowing them back out into the streets. It was getting cooler now, Autumn was evident as leaves of orange and yellow hues decorated the pavements and the trees were staring the get bare. At least Avery will be happier, she always preferred the cold to the warm.

I flicked the fag ash that was building up at the end of my fag, watching as the grey particles fluttered down until they weren't visible anymore. Beneath me, I could see the line of people waiting to enter the venue we were playing in tonight. Most of them were girls, all done up and their hair looking perfect. What's the point? Hair and makeup looking perfect just for it to be ruined by jumping around.  I chuckled lowly to myself, resting my chin on my arm that was also hanging out of the window. A flash of blonde caught my eye as it bobbed along the pavement. Looking more closely, the girl looked familiar. Blonde, big curls, big booty, big curves. She was walking with a smaller, tanned girl with two weird plaits in her hair. I shook my head of the thought.

"You're going crazy." I whispered to myself, stubbing out the cig on the bird shit-stained window ledge. I miss her that much I see her everywhere. She doesn't even have a friend who looks like that, and more importantly; why would she come within 10ft of me after what I did. I took a final glance at the girl, watching as she flicked her long bouncy curls out of her face, before ducking back inside, and pulling the window closed.

----

Avery's P.O.V

"Finally!" I groaned, as me and Tessa reached the front of the line.  She gave the bouncer our tickets with an apologetic smile, before ushering me inside the venue.

"Could you moan anymore?" She sighed, tucking a small tuft of hair behind her ear.

"It was cold! And the wind kept blowing my hair in my face! Plus I don't even want to be here!" I found myself snapping at her, to which I instantly regretted. Her face dropped and she just looked hurt.  I opened my mouth to apologise, but that was when my eyes really started to adjust to the chaos around me. Merch stalls were set up which we swamped with people, the various T-shirts with 'THE 1975' printed in bold letters across the chest were selling out as fast as they were being put on display. Girls were carrying banners with witty phrases, and others which were just crude and demanding. Their name was everywhere, along with their faces printed on the same repetitive poster plastered on every wall. My head was spinning and I felt sick, and before I knew it I was darting towards the toilets and fighting my way through the girls queued up to look at themselves in the mirror.

After a few minutes of kneeling down, my arm locked around a toilet that I'd never even laid eyes upon before with constant dry heaving, I heard the familiar shout of my name.

"Avery? Are you okay?" Tessa shouted over the stalls.

"In this one." I croaked, pushing my foot out from underneath the door. I heard her shoes slapping against the tiled floor as she stood outside my stall.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, just felt really sick all of a sudden." I felt bad for the half lie. I really didn't want to be here, being reminded of what life I did have and what friends I've lost, along with who I thought was the love of my life. Seeing their faces everywhere, especially his... it was just too much.

"We can go if you like?" Tessa asked, slumping against the door.

"No don't be silly, they're your favourite band. I can cope." I said, pushing myself up from the floor. "I'm coming now." I opened the door and was met with Tessa's concerned face staring straight back at me. I gave a reassuring smile, before moving back towards the entrance.

"Matty's so fucking fit though." One girl said. I turned to face her. She was applying bright red lipstick over her lips.

"Oh my god I know. I want to sit on his fucking face." Her friend replied, biting her lip at herself in the mirror with a coy smile.

"Maybe you'll get the chance to tonight. He won't be able to keep his eyes, and his hands, off us." The first girl winked, before they both burst into giggles.

Oh no.

I instantly turned back round, practically pushing Tessa out of the way, before locking myself back in the same cubicle as before. But this time there was no dry heaving, this time my whole stomach contents hit the basin.

I threw up. I threw up some more. I threw up so much that the bile from my stomach was burning the back of my throat. I rested my head against the arm that was looped over the basin, catching my breath whilst staring into the sea of orange beneath me.