// CHAPTER TWENTY ONE //

2 weeks.

2 long, painful weeks since I'd last spoken to Matty. It was hurting me a lot more than I'd anticipated and I was finding it hard to function. I hadn't been to any of my classes in a while, apart from the odd writing class with George. But the way he looked at me when I entered the room late, how he touched my back reassuringly as I sat down; it was almost enough to make me cry there and then. He was giving me what I didn't want and what I had been trying to avoid: pity.

Thing is I wasn't sure what the cause of it was, whether it was the whole fiasco with Matty or just the realisation that I had to take happy pills to get me through the day. Truth was they were barely working anymore, I was missing something. I was missing the boy with the curly hair and the cheeky smile.

"Still no reply?" Callum asked, placing a cup of tea in front of me and sitting opposite. I nodded with a sigh, before putting my mobile that I'd been staring at for what seemed like months down on the table.

"It's not as if you were together or anything, I don't see the big deal?" Ben obnoxiously stated, peering into the almost empty refrigerator.

"Ben for fuck sake." Callum quipped, glaring at Ben's back.

"No he's right, we weren't." I attempted at a smile before Ben could start an argument. He was completely right though, we weren't together. There wasn't even a notion that we were going to, but I just had this feeling whenever I was with him. As cheesy as it sounds, I felt like I was flying and Matty was my wings. We were connected, constantly on a high together. I didn't know if I was going left or right with him, but it sparked off something in me. He was my adventure, but now he was gone and so were my wings and I was free falling into the darkest depths of my mind. I've been here before, and I knew I had to do something to distract myself otherwise I'd relapse into the nightmare I'd been running from.

"I think I'm going to go for a walk." I said, feebly lifting myself off my chair.

"Why don't you get Emily to go with you?" Ben asked, immediately taking my seat.

"She's spending the weekend at Noah's parents house."

"I'm taking you out for something to eat then, hurry up and get changed." Callum got up and grabbed his coat off the hook. As I looked at him on confusion, his brow furrowed. "Well come on then!"

---------

We were both low on money since we had to pay our rent for the month a couple of days ago, so we settled on Frankie & Benny's because I was craving a pizza.

"You should go for it." I smirked as our waitress sauntered away, looking back at our table over her shoulder with a smoulder.

"No way, she's not interested." Callum laughed, sipping at his coke.

"Not interested? Dude she was totally flirting with you! Touched your arm and everything, she was basically asking you to fuck there and then." I giggled.

"That or she just wants a big tip," he said raising his eyebrows knowingly, "plus I'm not looking for anything right now." Before I could offer a witty reply, I'd managed to do one of the most embarrassing things possible: knocked my glass of coke over. With my boobs.

I sat frozen in place by the sudden icy wetness that now covered my left boob and was trickling down onto my lap. Callum began to roar with laughter, throwing his head onto the table with his shoulders jumping at the intensity. I began to laugh too whilst chanting 'oh my god, oh my fucking god' over and over again.

"You're such an idiot." Callum cackled, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Shut up!" I laughed, before standing up and inspecting myself. Why did I have to wear a white shirt?! Not only was a large brown stain covering my boob, but it was also making it partially see-through. Brilliant. "I better go and attempt to clean this up."

"Good luck with that." Callum called after me as I walked towards the toilets. I gave him the finger over my shoulder before locating the direction I should be walking in. As the door came into view, a flash of familiar blonde caught my eye in one of the booths not far from it. As I got closer, I felt my heart lurch into my throat as I came to a sudden stop.

"Aves?" Matty said, emerging from behind the backcombed mess of the blonde skank I'd seen him with before.

-------
(A/N: keep voting and commenting guys, love hearing what you have to say! Big love💖)