Domestic Fluff (DSMP)

{Fandom: DSMP}
(Ships: Tubbo x Ranboo)

Tw:
Mentions of child neglect, mentions of injury, mentions of alcoholism

Angst Scale:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Third Person POV

  Ranboo could hear the snow crunch under his boots as he headed back to the house. His pickaxe dragged through the snow, leaving a trail behind him. Today was rough. He just wanted to see his husband and son.

Opening the door, his mood immediately lightened as he saw the pair. Tubbo was asleep on the couch, holding the infant in his arms. Michael was behaving pretty well, but he kept wiggling around. And so Ranboo carefully picked him up before he woke Tubbo up.

He couldn't blame Tubbo for falling asleep, he'd woken up the past few nights to take care of Michael whenever he started crying. He just wished the other had set the infant on the ground before falling asleep, Michael could've fallen. Ranboo took the infant upstairs, smiling a little as he sat down in the rocking chair with him. "Hi, Michael," Ranboo said, paternal affection dripping from his voice. The piglin reached up for his face, grabbing onto his hair and lightly tugging at it. Ranboo couldn't help the faint laugh that left his mouth.

Then, he set Michael on the floor with his toys. He was on a blanket of course. Ranboo had no idea when the last time Michael ate was, so he'd just try to feed the 2-year-old and see if he was hungry.

The answer was no. Not only did Michael refuse the bottle, he ended up knocking it out of Ranboo's hands and it splashed all over the floor. And now Ranboo was cleaning it up, definitely not bitter at all. His towel got soaked quickly and so he used the second one to finish up the job, sighing as he realized that there were two more things to clean now.

Ranboo picked up the infant as he tried to shove the whole toy chicken into his mouth, putting him in his cradle. It was a lot of work to raise a kid, but he and Tubbo enjoyed the challenge. It was stressful, but this stress was different from what they were used to. Here, there were no conspiracies or explosions, it was just cleaning up messes and waking up 2 hours after falling asleep to give Michael attention. And that added a strange charm to this type of stress. It was something Ranboo could get used to, and he hoped Tubbo felt the same.

God, Tubbo was so strong. Ranboo paused for a moment to watch Tubbo before realizing how creepy that was. And so he just covered Tubbo with a blanket before continuing to the kitchen to make them food. Tubbo had been through so much and yet he was still standing. No matter what it was, no matter how horrible the situation was, Tubbo kept moving through it when most would give up. And that's why Ranboo liked him so much.

"Hello..." Tubbo mumbled as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Tubbo. Did I wake you up?" Ranboo asked.

"No, I was only napping. Then I realized Michael wasn't with me and had a heart attack." Tubbo said. Ranboo laughed a little.

"Sorry. He's up in his room, hopefully sleeping." Ranboo said.

Ranboo looked back at the food, making sure it didn't burn. Not too long after, Tubbo walked behind him and wrapped his arms around Ranboo's midsection, resting his head against Ranboo's back. The enderman teenager was a bit surprised by the sudden contact, but he just rested his hand over Tubbo's arm, as if to keep it there.

"Still tired?" Ranboo asked, dropping his voice. Tubbo nodded, probably messing up his hair. "We can sleep after dinner."

"Hopefully. If our overlord, Michael, decides to let us rest." Tubbo jokes.