Bee and Boo Duo (DSMP)

{Fandom: DSMP}
(Ships: Tubbo x Ranboo)

I am so bad at chapter names-

Tw:
Mentions of IPV, mentions of injury, mentions of alcoholism, mentions of child endangerment, cannibalism, and PTSD fueled nightmares

Angst Scale:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Third Person POV

Tubbo sat on his couch, watching Michael out of the corner of his eye. He knew Michael was very fragile and needed more attention than this, but Tubbo couldn't keep his eyes open. It had been weeks since Tubbo got anything more than an hour of sleep before he was interrupted, but Tubbo wasn't complaining. Not too much anyway.

  Ever since the war, he'd been plagued with nightmares. Arrows raining from the sky, explosives under his feet, hopelessness, surrender, betrayal, losing a life in an ambush, and watching Tommy die in the standoff. Someone told him once it was called 'PTSD', but Tubbo didn't know what that meant and didn't have time to ask before the person switched topics. And then there was the Red Festival where he was publicly executed. Tubbo's hand moved up to the burns on his cheek. Now he only had one life left, Snowchester, his family, and some scars. He felt broken in every sense of the word.

  "Shhh, yes, Boo is home, Michael." He heard a gentle voice say. Cracking his eyes open, he saw Ranboo with the toddler in his arms.

  "Boo!" Michael cheered, grabbing onto Ranboo's horns. Ranboo shushed the toddler, taking him upstairs.

  "We don't want to wake Bee," Ranboo said quietly.

  Tubbo leaned his head back against the couch and closed his eyes. If Ranboo was home, he could get some sleep. But did he want to?

  The second he fell asleep, he would be plagued by nightmares. So even when Ranboo was taking care of Michael, Tubbo still tried to avoid sleep. But now it was so hard to avoid, his eyes refused to stay open. He groaned, covering his face with his eyes for a moment.

  "Oh, I thought you were sleeping," Ranboo said. Tubbo looked over at him.

  "I was. How did it go, Boss Man?"

  "What? My day in general?"

  "Yeah."

  "Eh, it was ok. Nothing dramatic happened."

  Ranboo sat next to Tubbo, long legs pulled up onto the couch. It was quiet for a moment before Tubbo grabbed Ranboo's arm and pulled him in close. The enderman hybrid cried out in surprise, head resting on Tubbo's chest.

  He felt Ranboo shift a little, but he didn't pull away from the hug. Arms wrapped around Ranboo's middle, and he looked up at the ceiling again. It was easier to sleep when he was near Ranboo, but nothing stopped the nightmares. He sighed heavily and closed his eyes. Ranboo closed his eyes too, listening to Tubbo's heartbeat and hoping that wasn't creepy.

  "What's PTSD?" Tubbo asked.

  "Hmm? Oh. It stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, it usually refers to war veterans but anyone can get it with enough trauma. It's like... It's a mental illness that causes nightmares flashbacks and emotional instability. All that fun stuff, y'know?" Ranboo said. Tubbo was quiet for a while as he thought about that.

  "Do I have PTSD?"

  "I don't know. I am not a therapist."

  "True..." Tubbo muttered. "I just... I can't sleep because I don't want to have another nightmare."

  Ranboo looked down at the ring on Tubbo's finger, focusing his attention on that golden band. It was easier than looking at Tubbo. He wasn't good with this sort of thing, but he could at least try.