S2: E10 Merry Ex-Mas

"Sir, can you move at all?" Bobby ran over to the victim as Griffin looked at the Christmas decorations.

"It hurts." The man glanced up at them.

"That's probably a good sign, just stay still. Can you tell me how this happened?" Bobby watched him.

"Snowman pushed me off the roof." The man looked at the inflatable snowman.

"I really need to save up for an actual house, so I can decorate it like this." Griffin smiled at the decorations in awe.

"Didn't think you were that big of a fan of Christmas." Buck turned to her.

"I'm not. But it brings the community together." Griffin shrugged at Buck.

Everyone took photos and watched, as they wheeled the victim toward the ambulance on a gurney which made him smile.

"I will never understand the need to win." Griffin shook her head.

"Oh, come on, you're not the least bit competitive?" Eddie glanced at her.

"Why should I be? Winning makes other people happy, and seeing other people happy, makes me happy." Griffin smiled at him.

"You are crazy." Eddie chuckled at her.

"Thank you." Griffin climbed into the engine.

* That Night At Griffin's Apartment *

"Hey, Bobby." Griffin opened the door letting him inside.

"Mini twins asleep?" Bobby noticed how quiet the apartment was.

"Yeah, they've got their school Christmas play tomorrow." Griffin nodded along.

"Oh? They got big parts?" Bobby smiled at her.

"Yeah. Mattie is playing Santa Clause and Eva is playing an elf. So, how's everything with Athena?" Griffin chuckled at the thought.

"Uh...it's good." Bobby nodded slowly as if he wasn't sure.

"I know that look. What happened?" Griffin sat down at the bench.

"She asked me to move in with her and I wasn't expecting it, so I.." Bobby trailed off.

"Freaked out. I'm sure she understands, it's Athena, she understands a lot. She's like a handbook to understanding things. But have you thought about why you freaked out?" Griffin watched Bobby.

"I don't know. It's a big step, and I just don't know if I'm ready." Bobby sighed in defeat.

"You know, I was nowhere near ready when I had the twins. I mean, I had no parents and I didn't have a place to call home. But I knew I'd regret it if I didn't at least try. And they're the best thing that ever happened to me. Sometimes you got to take a leap of faith, to find out what your heart really wants. If you just knew everything you wanted and it was handed to you, it'd be boring and no challenges to make you feel proud or relieved you took the chance." Griffin reassured Bobby.

"You think I should move in with Athena." Bobby looked at her.

"I think you either need to take a leap of faith or tell her how you're feeling because communication is everything. And no matter what happens, you've still got a family behind you." Griffin smiled.

"Thanks, Grif." Bobby hugged her.

* The Following Night In Engine *

"How long has he been in the air?" Buck looked at Bobby.

"Plane took off from LAX 18 minutes ago. It was diverted to SoCal Airport." Bobby glanced back at Buck.

"18 minutes? That's nearly long enough to reach altitude. It's not good. Cargo isn't pressurized or heated." Eddie looked around at them.