S3: E2 Sink or Swim

A/N - SHORT CHAPTER CAUSE THE EPISODE CONSTANTLY GOES BETWEEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE BUT WILL POST ANOTHER TODAY AS WELL

"You two are finally going to go on a date?" Chimney grinned excitedly as he got up from the couch having overheard them talking to Hen.

"Just to get Buck out of his apartment." Eddie gave Chimney a look.

"They still don't realise?" Chimney looked at Hen in disbelief.

"Know what?" Eddie looked between them confused.

"That we both have feelings for each other. And I wasn't going to say it but one of them would have anyway." Griffin looked away from Eddie.

"If you knew, how come you didn't ask Eddie on a date?" Hen frowned at Griffin confused.

"It hasn't been the right time." Griffin shrugged in response.

"Wait, wait, wait. You have feelings for me?" Eddie watched Griffin with a growing smile.

"Yes, she does. And you have feelings for her. It's so obvious, it's painful. At least, Buckaroo came up with a way to get you to both go on a date." Chimney nodded to Eddie as it speaking to a child.

* On Scene *

"Any word on how Operation Buck Up Buck is going?" Hen looked at Eddie as they finished up at a call.

"This was this morning. Full stack and then I think he said maybe the movies. By now, Chris is coming down from a serious sugar high and Buck is regretting his life choices." Eddie showed them a photo that Buck sent.

"Hey, did someone leave a hydrant open?" Bobby looked at all the water.

"I don't think it's a hydrant, Cap." Eddie looked at his phone as he got a tsunami alert.

"A tsunami? Well, today's going to be long day." Chimney sighed shaking his head.

"Grif.." Eddie glanced at Griffin as she grabbed out her own phone and walked toward the engine to call someone.

"What?" Bobby frowned watching after Griffin.

"Mattie, Eva and Rune are at a beach party." Eddie looked at them and their faces fell.

"Any luck?" Hen watched Griffin as they all got into the engine.

"Nothing." Griffin shook her head with a pained expression.

"Hey, I'm sure they're okay. Mattie and Eva are strong swimmers. And maybe they went for ice cream or something." Hen reassured Griffin.

"Strong swimmers mean nothing to a tsunami." Griffin looked at Hen worried about the kids.

"Are you okay to work today?" Bobby glanced back at Griffin.

"It's either go home to an empty apartment worrying constantly and waiting for any news or doing my job and making sure other people find their family safe and alive." Griffin gave Bobby a slight nod.

* At Dispatch *

"Hey, Maddie. It's me, Chimney, obviously, I know you're going to have a long day at work. But if you hear anything at dispatch about Eva, Mattie or Rune. Griffin would be grateful. The kids were at a beach party and Griffin hasn't been able to reach them." Maddie listened to the message that Chimney had left after a hard call and his message made her heart ache even more.

Knowing that Eva, Mattie and Rune were at the beach when the tsunami hit, made her worry a lot more than she was used to. And she knew the chances they were alive would be slim, and it'd be a miracle if they survived.