BC: Griffin Begins Part 1

A/N - I know this chapter is really short but I think I'm going to make multiple chapters of Griffin Begins throughout the book including different parts of her life.

In 2007

"Maddie, would you just let me talk for a moment?" Griffin watched Maddie.

"I'm sorry." Maddie apologised as she looked at Griffin.

"I'm...pregnant. Mum and Dad want nothing to do with me, they kicked me out of home and I have nowhere to go. Can I stay with you and Doug? Please?" Griffin looked at Maddie desperately.

"You're pregnant? Eli, you're 16, you're too young." Maddie frowned at the news.

"I know that. I didn't ask for this to happen." Griffin defended herself.

"Did you lead him on, Elizabeth?" Maddie started questioning her.

"What? No...I..He came on to me." Griffin's face dropped at Maddie's accusations.

"Eli, accusations like this can ruin someone's life. You should have thought about your actions before you got yourself knocked up. Mum and Dad have every right to kick you out, you made the choice to get pregnant, so you can deal with it yourself. I'm not going to help you screw up your life." Maddie kept talking without giving Griffin a chance to explain.

* 5 Months Later *

"Evan." Griffin smiled when she saw Evan  being the one that had knocked on the door.

"Hey, little sis. How are you settling in here?" Evan smiled as he sat down on the bed next to her.

"Pretty good. The staff are really supportive and I've met people that are in a similar boat to me. I just wish you were here all the time." Griffin looked at Evan.

"Yeah, me too. But I'm going to visit and call every day." Evan reassured her.

"Also, I think I might start going by the name Griffin. Every time someone calls me Elizabeth I think about Maddie and our parents." Griffin frowned at the thought of her parents and sister.

"Griffin?" A smile grew on Evans face.

"Yeah. I used to call you my Golden Retriever because you have supported, loved and made me love our entire lives. And you and Maddie used to call me your Griffin because.." Griffin prompted Evan to finish off.

"You protect us from evil like our parents, and you're the most courageous person we know. You know, I like it." Evan nudged her playfully.

"Oh! I've decided on their names. If they're both girls Eva Margaret and Maddison Philipa. If they're both boys Evan Margus and Mattie Philip. If a boy and girl Eva Margaret and Mattie Philip." Griffin couldn't control her eager smile as she put a hand on the baby bump.

"I love them all. And I can't wait to meet them both. But why use our parents names?" Evan smiled placing a hand on the baby bump.

"They may not be the best parents, but they gave us the greatest gift, each other. And they're still our parents." Griffin shrugged at him.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Evan nodded slowly.

"You'll be there, right? Maddie and our parents won't be there, I don't want to do it alone." Griffin frowned at Evan, a hint of fear in her eyes.

"Of course I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Evan pulled Griffin into a hug.

* 4 Months Later *

"I'm sorry but we can't wait." The nurse looked at Griffin.

"We can...I can..I have to. I need Evan. I can't do this without him." Griffin shook her head in pain.

"Grif!" Evan ran into the room out of breath.

"You're the Father?" The nurse looked at Evan as they prepped to get Griffin to another room.

"No, I'm the Uncle. Evan Buckley." Evan shook his head.

"All right. Get a gown on him. Let's go. These babies aren't waiting." The nurse looked at the other nurses.

* Two Hours Later *

"Would you like to hold your nephew?" The nurse looked at Evan, as she held the first twin.

"Yes." Evans face lit up in excitement.

"It's a boy?" Griffin looked over tired and exhausted.

"Mattie Philip." Evan looked over at Griffin in confirmation.

* 20 Minutes Later *

"And a baby girl." The nurse handed the second twin to Griffin.

"Eva Margaret. Mattie Philip." Griffin smiled softly as she looked at the twins as Evan came over to her side.

"They're beautiful, Grif." Evan smiled at her and the twins.