S2: E18 This Life We Choose

A/N - SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE, I'VE BEEN BUSY BUT AM GOING TO TRY AND UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN. I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR SEASON 3, THERE'S GOING TO BE A LOT OF EMOTIONS: PAIN, HEARTBREAK, BETRAYAL, ANGER, ACCEPTANCE, FEAR AND THERE WILL BE LOTS OF ISSUES BETWEEN THE CHARACTERS
ENJOY THE FIRST CHAPTER BACK. OH AND ALSO I WILL BE WRITING A GRIFFIN BEGINS CHAPTER SOON TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HER PAST AND THE MEANING BEHIND HER NAME
IF YOU HAVE AN IDEAS OR QUESTIONS FOR/ABOUT THE STORY, PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT. I LOVE WHEN YOU GUYS COMMENT

"All right. Everyone as close and as tight to the trucks you can be." Buck walked past them all.

"That's my Uncle!" Eva waved at Buck as he walked past her.

"Hey, my mini twins." Buck smiled at Mattie and Eva.

"You okay?" Griffin walked over checking on the two of them.

"Yes." Mattie gave a nod hugging Griffin.

"Alright, then, just stay close to the truck." Griffin smiled at the twins' friends who were waving at her.

Griffin walked over to the rest of the 118 and Athena as the bomb squad investigated the bag.

"Okay, down, down, down!" Buck covered the twins and the other kids he was near and they all did the same.

The bag blew up, splattering something onto the bomb squad vehicle and trees.

"It's tuna fish." A young girl de-escalated the situation.

"Emily. Was that your lunch?" The teacher looked at the girl.

"Yes." Emily watched her teacher, a hint of fear in her eyes.

"Why didn't you say something?" Athena frowned at the news.

"I don't like tuna fish. Am I under arrest?" Emily turned to Athena.

The bomb squad and the 118 started packing up, and Athena walked over to Buck and Griffin who were with Mattie and Eva.

"Schools cancelled for the day. I gave Michael a call, he said he's happy to look after the two of them until your shift is finished. I can give them a ride." Athena reassured Griffin.

"In your police car?" Eva lit up in excitement as Mattie hugged Griffin's leg.

"Yeah, tell you what, we can even put the siren on." Athena smiled at the two.

"Thank you." Griffin smiled at Athena as Eva hugged her then Buck.

"Can't I come with you?" Mattie frowned as he looked up at Griffin quietly.

"I'm sorry, bud. We're not allowed to, because of the bombings. But you know, Michael, right? So you'll be okay." Griffin crouched infront of Mattie and he slowly nodded.

* In The Engine *

"Is Mattie doing okay? He seems to never want to leave your side." Chimney glanced toward Griffin.

"I don't know, I feel like a bad parent saying that, but every time I ask, he goes silent and won't say anything." Griffin had a worried tone as she spoke.

"Sounds like Seperation Anxiety, Grif. Everything's okay at home?" Hen watched Griffin.

"Yeah, of course." Griffin nodded in response.

"How about you? You feeling worried or stressed? Sometimes kids can sense it." Chimney turned to look at her from the Captain's seat.

"Grif?" Bucks face fell when she hesitated with answering.