S2: E17 Careful What You Wish For

TRIGGER WARNING:
MENTIONS OF SELF HARM
MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED SUICIDE

"Barry Johnson, 57. Seems to have had some kind of existential crisis after lunch. Threw all his money off the roof and then decided to jump after it. Falls 20 storeys and lives." Athena watched them arrive.

"20 storeys? How is that even possible?" Buck frowned at Athena confused.

"We also got a few greedy bystanders with minor injuries. Not sure how you wanna handle those." Athena pointed to the bystanders.

"That's up to the Captain." Hen watched as Chimney pulled up in the Captain's vehicle.

"Uh, interim cap. This is just temporary until Bobby comes back." Buck shook his head at Griffin.

"Which will be sooner than we think." Griffin smiled at Buck.

"You keep telling yourself that, Buck. Woah, all right, I'll take spinal precaution." Chimney moved toward the victim.

"You forgetting something Santa Clause?" Griffin looked at Chimney.

"Right, I'm the Captain. Uh, Hen, Eddie, you're with him. Buck, Griffin, triage minor injuries and I'll get the jaws." Chimney turned back to them.

"Santa Clause?" Eddie frowned at Griffin amused.

"You know, Santa Clause, Chimney?" Griffin shrugged at him.

"You're adorable." Eddie chuckled at her.

"I, uh, no, I'm not." Griffin shook her head in a panic.

"Everything okay?" Hen looked at Griffin with a frown as did Eddie, Chimney and Buck.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. No doubt. No doubt. No doubt." Griffin nodded heading over to the minor injuries.

Griffin was humming as they all got into the engine after finishing up.

"It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men, amen. I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get. Absolutely soaking wet. It's raining men, hallelujah. It's raining men, every specimen. Tall, blonde, dark and lean. Rough and tough and strong and mean." Griffin nodded her head along to the beat.

"That's a little dark." Hen laughed at Griffin.

"My intrusive thoughts won when people talked about it raining money." Griffin looked at Hen.

"You ever thought about becoming a famous singer? I'm not even joking, your voice is angelic." Chimney glanced back at her.

"Sweet but I don't believe you." Griffin smiled at him.

* The Next Day At The Beach *

"He loves having you around." Eddie looked at Shannon.

"Does he?" Shannon smiled looking at Christopher.

"We both do." Eddie nodded to her.

"I love being here. Hey, Grif! You made it!" Shannon saw Griffin walking toward them with the twins who ran over to Christopher.

"You invited Griffin?" Eddie looked at Shannon confused.

"Yeah. Is that okay?" Shannon turned to Eddie as she got up and hugged Griffin.

"Uh, yeah, of course. I just wasn't expecting it." Eddie nodded slowly.

"Mummy!" Mattie waved Griffin over to them.

"I'll be back. Unless I get buried in the sand." Griffin smiled at Eddie and Shannon.

"Why'd you invite Griffin? I know you two are friends but I thought it was gonna be like a family thing." Eddie frowned at Shannon.