S2: E13 Fight or Flight

"Damn it, Maddie. This is your fault. I told you, I told you, you couldn't leave me. I warned you!" Doug glanced at Maddie in anger.

"Is he dead?" Maddie turned to him with a tear stained face.

"If he's not, he will be. He's not our problem anymore." Doug focused on the road ahead.

"Why would you do that? He's...such a kind man, he was so good." Maddie couldn't help but cry.

"You think I don't know that?! I didn't want to hurt him, I liked Chimney. We were friends." Doug had tears in his eyes.

"What?" Maddie looked at him with a frown.

"But you cloud me, Maddie. You fog up my head, you always have. If you'd have just stayed." Doug hit his hand on the steering wheel.

"Doug, how long have you been here?" Maddie watched him.

"I needed to make sure you were safe. I saw you with Buck, I thought whatever, fine. She needs some time, just give her some space. She'll come home. She always comes home. And then Chimney told me you asked him out. And I knew, I knew I waited too long." Doug stared angrily.

"No. No. Can you just pull over? It's not too late." Maddie shook her head.

"Of course it's too late. I just killed a man for you, Maddie. There is no coming back from that. Not for me, and not for you." Doug looked at her.

* At The Hospital *

"I got here as fast as I could. How's he doing?" Eddie walked over to them.

"Alive. But he's got a punctured lung and a lacerated stomach." Hen got to her feet.

"Is he in surgery?" Eddie frowned at Hen.

"Not yet. He lost a lot of blood. But as soon as he's stable, they'll prep him for surgery." Hen reassured Eddie.

"Who would do something like this?" Eddie shook his head.

* With Buck *

"What do you mean Grif was here?" Buck frowned at Bobby.

"I convinced her to try talk to Maddie. I dropped her off earlier." Bobby watched Buck concerned.

"I need to go pick up the twins." Bucks face fell at the news.

"Buck, Shannon's taking care of the twins." Bobby reassured Buck.

* With Maddie *

"Come on, where is it? I..I don't see anything." Doug looked out the window for the fuel station.

"Just do it already." Maddie stared straight ahead.

"What?" Doug turned to her confused.

"Kill me. That's your plan, right? Kill Chimney, kill me, hopefully do the world a favour and kill yourself before it's done." Maddie didn't look at him.

"Why would I kill you, Maddie? I don't want to hurt you. I love you. I can't imagine my life without you. You're all I have." Doug watched her teary eyed.

"You don't have me." Maddie glanced at him.

"There it is. You see? Never give up hope." Doug saw the fuel station.

"Don't move." Doug got out of the car to get fuel into the tank.

Maddie watched as Doug walked away after kicking something out of anger.
She made sure he wasn't anywhere where he could see her before climbing out of the car.

"Hey, where are you going?" Doug walked over to her.

"Oh, I was looking for you. I have to pee." Maddie turned to him.