S3: E3 The Searchers

"Both of you grab an extra harness, rope, pulley, figure 8 plates. I'll co-ordinate Evac and transport." Bobby looked at the two of them.

"Sounds like a plan, Cap. You ready?" Eddie looked from Bobby to Griffin.

"Yeah, after you." Griffin gave him a nod.

Griffin followed Eddie, copying his movements to get up the Ferris wheel safely, when suddenly the entire thing started moving.

"That's not part of the ride." Eddie half joked to try and lighten the mood.

"Hey, I'm gonna go help some other people out." Griffin assured Eddie and the other firefighter.

"Be careful." Eddie gave her a look and she nodded.

Griffin climbed into a basket of the Ferris wheel where two young looking girls were, one passed out and one conscious.

"Hey, hey, I'm Griffin. What's your name?" Griffin looked between the two girls.

"I'm Jada, that's Sasha. When the wave hit, she hit the back of her head, she hasn't woken up since." Jada watched Griffin with a panic stricken expression.

"Okay, and what about you? Are you hurt anywhere?" Griffin checked over for injuries quickly.

"No, no. I'm fine, just please help her. She's the only family I have left." Jada looked at Sasha.

"Okay, I am going to help her, but I am going to get you down first, okay?" Griffin reassured Jada.

"What? No. I'm not leaving her." Jada shook her head in protest.

"I need to be able to focus all of my attention on her. She won't be far behind." Griffin grabbed her spare harness.

"Cap, I'm going to send a girl down, her name's Jada, she's got no major injuries but her friend, Sasha has a a fractured tibia...compound fracture, head injury. Going to need a spinal board and fast Evac." Griffin grabbed her radio as she helped Jada get the harness on.

"Copy that, Grif. Sending one up with Harvey." Bobby responded in confirmation.

"All right, I know you must be scared. But I need you to be brave. You're going to carefully climb down, take your time, you got it?" Griffin looked at Jada and she nodded.

"Firefighter Buckley." Harvey arrived with the spinal board as Jada got down safely.

"Okay, we've got to be very careful. She could have severe spinal and head damage and we don't want to make it any worse. We'll get her on the board and you are going to take her down." Griffin looked at Harvey.

"Copy that." Harvey gave a nod.

Griffin and Harvey carefully slid the spinal board under Sasha, securing her to it, and Harvey took her down carefully.

"Oi! Edmundo! Where are you guys heading now?" Griffin looked across at Eddie and the firefighter with him.

"Up there. There's one above you, looks like there's people in it." Eddie pointed to a basket higher up.

"Copy that." Griffin looked at the basket above her.

When Griffin managed to climb into the basket Eddie had been talking about, she found an elderly man sitting laying on the ground, his eyes closed.

"Sir?" Griffin checked for a pulse.

"I'm not dead yet." He opened his eyes to look at her.

"Well, that's my bad. I'm Griffin. How are you doing?" Griffin smiled slightly at his reaction.

"I'm Arnold. I'm doing just fine. Been resting. Nice weather today. Except for the tsunami of course." The man glanced up at the sky.

"Yeah, I suppose so. How about we get you down?" Griffin crouched beside him.