S3: E7 Athena Begins

A/N - NOT ACTUALLY ATHENA BEGINS BUT A SMALL CHAPTER THAT ISN'T BASED ON AN EPISODE
ENJOY

"Where's Griffin?" Hen walked upstairs confused.

"Oh. She went to pick up a gift for Rune for her birthday." Buck smiled at Hen.

"Oh, yeah? First birthday with Griffin, Mattie and Eva as her family." Chimney nodded in realisation.

"Yeah, Grif said Rune never really got to celebrate her birthday or have a party, hence the massive party Bobby and Athena are throwing." Buck looked at Bobby.

"So what kind of present is Griffin getting for her, that it requires her to be late?" Eddie watched them.

* With Griffin *

"It's a beautiful locket. You got a photo you're going to put into it?" The woman smiled as she handed it to Griffin.

"It's actually for my daughter...she's turning 17 tomorrow." Griffin looked at the pendant in the box with a small smile.

"That's lovely. 17 is a big year." The woman came around from behind the till to get a necklace storage to fill the spot when the door opened.

"I'll be right...with you." The woman turned to smile at the new shopper but her face fell.

Griffin turned confused as to the sudden change in expression, but a frown made its way onto her face.

"Elizabeth Buckley, right?" A man looked at Griffin holding a gun pointed out toward her.

"Henry Arnold." Griffin watched him carefully.

* At The Firehouse *

"Everything okay, Buckaroo?" Athena walked up the stairs.

"Yeah, it's just not like Griffin to not answer her phone." Buck glanced over at Athena.

"She's not here?" Athena frowned at him.

"She went to pick up a birthday present for Rune. Buck's worrying. He's called her a few times and she hasn't answered." Bobby explained it further to Athena.

"You know, she could have left her phone in the car, or she could be helping someone, Buck." Chimney reassured Buck.

"Until she answers her phone, I will not stop worrying." Buck shook his head at Chimney.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Bobby turned his attention to Athena.

"Came to see Griffin. See how she feels now that Todd's locked away. And the kids are back home." Athena shrugged at Bobby.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?" Buck frowned when someone answered Griffin's phone.

"George Davis. I'm a paramedic over at the 146. Who.."

"Why do you have my sister's phone?" Buck got the attention of the others.

"This is your sisters phone? Um...I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this...we were called to a shooting at Grayson's Pawnshop.."