Nine

The next morning was extremely relaxed. Kade's PR girl knew him well enough to know that the morning before a race wasn't the greatest time to have him do much. an hour or 2 before sure, but he liked to be able to get up with Ashton and make breakfast with her and Dayton (Eventually Bristol too,).

"Are you ready Daddy?" Dayton asked, looking up at him as she mixed up the pancake batter.

"I think so nugget," He nodded, "You excited to watch?"

"Yeah!" She nodded, "Mommy said we could sit in the pit box this time!"

"That's because we have it baby," Ashton chuckled, sitting at the dinette to start typing up her Daytona day blog. Yep. She's that mom.

"Can we put chocolate chips in Daddy?" she asked sweetly, using her puppy dog eyes that she knew Kade couldn't resist.

"I guess,"

"Cabinet above the oven," Ashton told him as she clicked away on her keyboard and drank her coffee.

Kade smiled and lifted Dayton to the cabinet so she could get them before he set her back on the floor. They put a ton of chocolate chips in before stirring it again and putting them on the griddle to make.

"Day, go get your outfit ready," Ashton told her, looking up from her computer as Dayton nodded. "Thanks, baby. Be quiet, Bee-bee might still be sleeping,"

"Okay Mommy," She nodded, tip-toeing into the room she shared with her sister and picking out her outfit. She came back out with a checkered dress that Ashton had specifically bought for the first race of the official season.

"Alright, go to our bedroom and change, brush your teeth, and then I'll do your hair. Where's your 24 bow?"

"In my room," She told her, getting a nod from Ashton as she went to go change into her outfit of the day.

As soon as the 6-year-old was in front of her again, she brushed her hair and started braiding little sections while Kade put her pancakes in front of her. Kade set both his and Ashton's down as well for her to eat after she was done with Dayton's hair.

She braided it in 2 little sections, pulling all of it together in a half-up ponytail before putting in her little bow. It was yellow with a black outline and had a 24 bedazzled on it, clearly showing everyone who she was rooting for.

As soon as they ate, Bristol woke up and started to scream in her crib until one of her parents came to get her

As soon as they ate, Bristol woke up and started to scream in her crib until one of her parents came to get her. Kade had a little bit more time, letting Ashton get ready as much as she could before he had to leave for the drivers meeting.