6.) Pushy Friends

Sun. I love sun.

Even though I get it a lot in LA, I don’t get the beach. And I love the beach even more than I love the sun.

And as I lied in the sand on my soft Pink towel between Holly and Elle, I began to fall in love with this wonderful Australian beach. The sun was beating down on us while we laid on our backs in a row like sardines and made sure to get an even tan.

“I’m going to get a ring tan line.” Andy whined as she brought her Texas-sized diamond ring up to her face for inspection.

“Cry me a river.” I snorted, not looking up at her, Andy was laying on the other side of Holly.

“Why would I cry you a river if you have the whole ocean right in front of you?” Andy asked me sarcastically with raised eyebrows.

“You are so funny, Andy. What would I do without your comedic genius?” I sighed with my sunglasses shielding my eyes from the burning sun.

“Um, you’d be bored as hell.” Andy snorted.

I rolled my eyes, but again, I didn’t lift my head from the luxurious spot where it was resting on my shirt, that I’d bundled up for a pillow. Man, this was the life.

“Okay, don’t look now, but there’s like three way hot guys coming this way.” Elle muttered on my left side.

“Too bad none of you are single.” I muttered.

“Oh, but you are, girly.” Holly chirped as we all looked over in Elle’s direction where there were indeed three guys standing a little farther down the beach, walking towards us. They clearly had abs and nice hair, but that was really all that I could see from where we were laying. “So get up there and get your flirt on.”

“One of them clearly has a girlfriend.” I stated, seeing as there was a girl walking along with them with her blonde hair in a high pony tail as she was sporting a pink one piece.

“Which means that two of them are free.” Andy chirped as they all continued to eye the poor boys who were still walking towards us. “So get up there.”

“I’m not doing that.” I told them firmly, laying back down and looking at the sky instead of stalking innocent people. My friends obviously find no problem with that.

“Yes, go. Hurry, they’re coming fast.” Elle hissed, shoving my shoulder lightly.

“No. I am not going to just put myself out there like that and-“

“There’s a kangaroo behind you!” Holly screeched.

“AHHHH!” I let out a blood curdling scream as I shot to my feet, ready to make a run for my life, when I spun around and saw that there was no man eating beast behind me, only three laughing girls and a bunch of odd stares from the few people on the beach around us.

“You jerk!” I snapped at Holly, but I couldn’t hold back a small laugh- it was kinda funny, but it wouldn’t work. I was not just going to walk up to those strangers. I wouldn’t do it. As they continued laughing, I started walking backwards to the ocean.

“Where are you going?” Holly asked through gasps for air.

“I’m going into the water where there are no man-eating kangaroos or pushy best friends.” I huffed. “And definitely no-“ My sentence was stopped short when I ran into something from behind. It was large, smooth, and soft. Like a huge man-eating snake.

With a loud squeal, I jumped forward and spun around, readying myself for a second time to run for my life into the mansion castle behind me- even though I didn’t know if the mansion castle was kangaroo proof- I should check on that. And what about snakaspideroos? What about those? Is our mansion castle safe from snakaspideroos?