7.) Ex-Boyfriends

“This is so stupid.”

“No, it’s not.” I argued with Holly as we were walking into the mansion-castle from the beach, alongside Andy and Elle.

“Yes it is, you’re going to end up doing something and complicating your whole world.” Holly warned me.

“We’re friends.” I said, trying to defend my decision to hang out with Brendon today. “We’re hanging out just like I hang out with you guys.”

“No, not like how you hang out with us. For one, you two have history and you only stopped dating last week. There’s obviously going to be some sexual tension, especially on the patio, where it’s heated and treated with dim lighting.” Andy said.

“I think she’ll be fine.” Elle chirped, coming to my defense. “And besides, I think Libby is old enough to make her own decisions. If she wants to hang out with Brendon, then let her and if something happens, then oh well.”

“Thank you.” I sighed, wrapping one of my tanned arms around Elle to show my gratitude.

“Okay, fine.” Holly sighed. “I’ll back off, but I’m going to tell you ‘I told you so’ when this all crumbles.”

“That’s fair.” I chuckled, saying a goodbye to my friends as I hurried into my room to grab some stuff to take a quick shower with. I agreed to meet Brendon in the living room in twenty minutes.

I took a record-breaking shower at seven minutes and twenty-eight seconds before getting dressed in Pink sweats that stopped right below my knees and had “Pink” written in bold black letters down my right leg vertically, with a black tank top and flip flops. Simple and doesn’t scream out “kiss me” or anything suggestive like that. It was just a simple, “I’m hanging out with a friend” kind of outfit.

When I was assured that I didn’t look like I was trying to seduce Brendon, I smiled to myself- there was no way I would let anything happen with Brendon. We had our chance, and now we’re done. But we’re friends, and we don’t’ need a two week gracing period like Holly suggested, we’re two capable people. Very capable.

“Hey,” I heard a voice call from the living room as I made my way into the well-decorated room. It sounded like Kale, if I wasn’t mistaken. “If you’re looking for Brendon, he’s out on the patio already.”

“Great, where would that be?” I asked, walking farther into the room where Kale was sitting on the couch along with Isaac talking about something.

“Down that hallway, last door on the right.” Kale informed me, pointing to another twisty hallway to my left. “And be careful.”

“Did Holly tell you to say that?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

He smiled smugly at me. “Can’t say.”

“Whpshh!” I made that whipping sound, snapping my arm as I mimed cracking a whip before sending him a teasing smile and then hurrying down the hallway Kale had told me to go down. I think he called to me, but I couldn’t hear his comeback, so I just continued down the hall.

It seemed like the hallway went on forever with so many extending hallways and doors branching off of it, I was afraid that I would lead me to China before I actually found this patio that I was supposed to find Brendon in. When I finally reached a dead end to the hall, I let out a sigh of relief- I think I was still in Australia- and turned to the right.

Brendon was sitting on one of the couches, texting, as I looked around the room in awe. It was an amazing room and if I had learned about it before, I’d spent all of my time in here. In fact, I think I’ll just live the rest of our vacation in this very room.