13.5.) Morning Drama- Through Jackson's Eyes

Okay, well I’m a dead man. No questions about it.

Holly will kill me. Libby will kill me. I’m pretty sure Andy will be the one hiding my body. Yep, I’m dead. Come to think of it, I’m sure Brendon will have my head too.  

This is what was going through my mind as I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling with Libby lying beside me. Naked. Both of us. I knew what had happened last night, I remember it all but my first instinct was to play dumb, so that’s what I did.

“Did we…” I trailed off, breaking the incredibly awkward silence that fell between us.

“I don’t know.” She whispered back. Okay, so she was either playing dumb as well or she really forgot. I’m going to go with the latter considering she was really drunk last night. I mean, I was too or I wouldn’t be in this situation, but I can handle my alcohol better than her.

“Well do you have any clothes on?” I asked her even though I didn’t have to. I knew she didn’t have any clothes on… I looked before she woke up. Which is why there was a tent pitched at my crotch that I was desperately trying to hide.

“I can’t tell.” She whispered. “I’m afraid to move.” I had to bite my lip to stop from laughing. How did she not know if she had clothes on?

“Me too.” I agreed with her for her benefit. “But can’t you like… feel it?” I asked awkwardly. I really wanted her to realize what happened on her own without me actually having to tell her because that would probably be the most awkward conversation I could imagine. I’ve known Libby since forever, when she met Holly when they were babies, and I wouldn’t say we were really close, but kind of close a little bit for a really long time. And especially since she moved to LA for college, we’ve been pretty close and this… this wasn’t good. At all.

“Doubt it.” She said with a cute giggle. Wait, cute? Okay, yeah, she’s cute.

I chuckled softly before the meaning of her words caught on and I frowned at her incredulously. “Did… did you just insinuate that I’m small?” I asked her in a baffled voice. I don’t think anyone’s done that before… at least nobody that I’ve been in bed with.

“Well, you’re quick.” She giggled again. I never realized how innocent and soft her laugh sounds.

“Clearly, if we did do it then you have no memory of last night at all because you’d know that that isn’t the case.” I defended in frustration. If we weren’t in our birthday suits, I’d like tackle her or something, knowing how amusingly ticklish she is.

“If we did do it, then we are both in a lot of shit right now.” She mumbled, all joking gone from her voice and facial expression.

“Yeah.” I agreed, knowing that she was right, but there was no if. We did do it, and we were in a lot of shit. “So, what should we do?” I asked, knowing that she was in more crap than me right now, most likely. So I’ll just let her call all of the shots and I’ll just go with it.

“We should look.” She declared. “We’re going to have to move eventually.” I bit my lip to hide a small smirk that was fighting it’s way to my lips. She was so adorable, even when she was freaking out, she was so adorable.

“I guess.” I muttered quickly before she could detect any laughter. And, because Libby can be so clueless sometimes, she didn’t.

“You don’t remember anything from last night?” Libby asked, as if trying to hold back what was coming next.

“Not a thing.” I lied. “You?” I really hoped she didn’t remember any of last night, honestly, because I know that right before everything happened, I said a certain word. A certain word that I didn’t mean, not like that at least. I don’t love Libby for anything more than a friend, but I was drunk and stupid and I have no idea why I said that. I’m really stupid, I guess.