21.) Home Alone

The next morning, I woke up with a slight headache, thank you to the trauma I went through last night with all of the self-pity and whatnot. In desperation to rid myself of said headache, I nearly crawled over to the bathroom across the hall and looked in the medicine cabinet, finding some aspirin, much to my relief.

After popping the pills, I returned to my room and rested in bed for a while until there was a light knock on my door.

“Come in.” I called, sitting up in my bed.

“Hey.” Holly chirped, walking into my room. “We’re all going down to this pier with Taylor and her brothers. They said that we can go sailing because they have a boat and stuff, you wanna go?” She asked.

“I don’t think so, I don’t feel good.” I mumbled, proud of myself for not lying. I really didn’t feel good, but I wasn’t going to tell her that I wouldn’t want to go even if I was feeling fine, because social interaction just didn’t seem like my cup of tea right now.

“Okay. Do you want me to ask Harris to make you some tea or something?”

“No, it’s okay, I’ll do it later.” I muttered. “Have fun, though.”

“Are you sure you don’t wanna go? Damon’s going to be there.” She sang teasingly.

I chuckled and forced a small smile. “I’m sure I don’t wanna go, Holls. You have fun, though.”

“Okay, but I’m sure Damon will miss you.”

“I’m sure he won’t.” I sighed, watching as Holly waved a last goodbye and left the room.

Deciding to not just be an unmoving lump all day, I decided that if I was home alone all day, I might as well enjoy it. I got up and got dressed in a t-shirt and short dance shorts before brushing through my hair and going into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I returned to my room, I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from my mom, surprisingly enough. I haven’t talked to her in forever, and that was a good thing. I think she still thinks that I’m taking those summer online classes, which kind of amuses me.

How are your classes going?

I rolled my eyes at the text and closed out of it, not even responding- she’s so persistent.

I pulled my laptop out, deciding to check my email and Twitter and such before exploring the large mansion-castle like I had planned. I was in the middle of reading a lengthy email from my father about something I really didn’t care about when there was a knock on my door.

I quickly assumed that it was Harris bringing me the tea that Holly suggested, even though I turned it down, so I got up from the bed and walked over to the door, pulling it open. However, much to my surprise and confusion, I did not see Harris when I opened the door- it was Jackson. A shirtless Jackson Thorne.

“What are you doing here?” I asked with a confused frown, but I couldn’t help but eye his chest- it was a nice chest. I mean, of course it was a nice chest- he was famous for his hot body so it was obviously enjoyable to look at. “I thought everyone went sailing on Taylor’s boat.”

“They did, but I stayed back.” He told me, leaning on the door frame. Yeah, his body is world famous, and he is standing in my doorway just flaunting it around like he owns the place. That’s so unfair.

“Why?” I questioned with a throaty rasp.

“Because I heard that you weren’t going.” He replied easily.

“I’m not following…” I trailed off.

He smirked, his eyes lighting up as they looked down at me because he was so much taller than me. “We have the house to ourselves.”