8.) Mutual Avoiding

The living room was full of happy chatter while Harris was making the final touches on our dinner and we waited for Taylor and her three hot brothers to get there. I wanted to help cook dinner, it’s in my instinct to do things by myself like that, but I have kind of gotten used to the ‘let others do things for you’ kind of life style, thanks to the lazy and rich people that I’m around who have too much money for their own good.

I had changed into a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt with my hair braided down my back in a fishtail braid once Holly had interrupted me and Brendon in the patio.

As I made my way into the busy room, I made my way over to Elle as quickly as I could to get far, far away from Brendon and Holly while I anxiously bit on one of my fingernails.

“How’d your afternoon go?” Elle asked me curiously once I sat beside her on the couch where she was having a conversation with Isaac and Jarrod.

“Just fine.” I mumbled absent mindedly.

“Well, something happened.” Jarrod suggested.

“Nuh-uh!” I defended. “Shut up.”

“How do you know?” Elle asked him curiously, completely ignoring my defense.

Jarrod pointed to something over my shoulder. “I know my brother.”

I turned around to see where Jarrod was pointing and saw Brendon leaning against the wall, running his hand through his hair- he looked very distressed, and his shirt was still hopelessly wrinkled.

Before I could say anything to defend myself or Elle could say anything to get me to blush, the doorbell pierced through the quiet chatter.

“I’ll get it!” I said quickly, shooting to my feet and feeling very relieved that I had an excuse to get away from Elle before she could make any horrible comments about her assumptions.

As I walked to the door, I noticed Andy had gathered Tommy, Ryder, and Jackson to give them a small lecture about not teasing Taylor since we all knew she was probably going to freak out about meeting them since she freaked out yesterday when she found out that they were here.

“You’re no fun.” I heard Ryder huff at his little sister.

I rolled my eyes at him and  walked down the small hallway that held the front door. There was a small hallway that separated the front door from the living room, which is perfect for a serial killer because we wouldn’t even know that he was in the house unless he walked down that little hallway and shot us all. I swung open the door to come face to face with Taylor and three familiar boys standing behind her, only this time they were fully clothed. Cole, Damon, and… Brett. Those were their names, I think.

“Hi.” I chirped. “Come on in.” I opened the door wider and moved to the side, inviting them in.

“Hey.” Taylor chirped, giving me a huge smile that held a tragic amount of nervousness. But on the bright side, I was way more nervous than she seemed when I met them. Probably because I was also meeting Andy, Elle, Isaac, the twins, and Kale- the holder of all drama, at the time of course.

“Don’t be nervous.” I told her quietly. “They’re really nice once you get used to them.”

“I can’t believe this. I’m really going to meet Jackson Thorne?” She yelped.

“Taylor, calm down. She’s been acting like this all day.” Damon muttered.

I smiled at him. “It’s okay, I knew for a year before I met Ryder and I still almost fainted.”

When we got into the living room, nobody was there so I assumed they were in the dining room already. “I don’t think you understand my love for these guys.” Taylor breathed.