Chapter 23

Freen took Becky to a special island, a secret escape from the world that only a few knew about. Heng had introduced this serene place to her, knowing how much she loved the soothing sound of waves and the chilly sea breeze.

However, the island had only one cabin, owned by Heng. Most people found it dull—no internet, no city lights, just endless sea and sky.

"Bonbon, you'll stay here, okay? Mommy and Auntie need to go out for a bit," Becky said to Bonbon.

"Hey, soon I'll be his mommy too, so he can call me mommy too." Freen playfully pouted, crossing her arms.

"That might confuse Bonbon," Becky chuckled and pinched Freen's nose. "How about being his daddy instead?"

"Sounds better." Freen grinned, and they both shared a laugh.

Leaving Bonbon in the cabin, Freen and Becky strolled along the shoreline. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over everything.

"Can we make wishes while watching the sunset?" Becky asked with innocence.

"What do you think of a 'wishing sun'?" Freen chuckled and shook her head.

Becky reached for Freen's hand, interlocking their fingers. Freen raised an eyebrow but soon got lost in the beauty of the sunset.

"I have a wish," Becky whispered. "I want to make you happy this week so that even if I return to my own time, you won't forget me."

"Who says I'll forget you?" Freen asked.

The love and pain Becky had brought into her life would always stay in Freen's heart. Their shared memories would forever remain in her mind. She would never forget Becky's innocence or how she had helped her grow.

"You can't know for sure, Freen. As you grow older, memories fade, whether you want them to or not. We're only human," Becky smiled without looking at her.

"What about you? Will you forget me?" Freen asked, squeezing Becky's hand to make her look.

"I can't promise, Freen. I don't know if I'll remember everything once I return to the past. I want your face etched into my memory, your aversion to crowds, I want you to be with me forever," Becky said softly.

Becky didn't know why she kept on saying those things. She didn't even know if she already like Freen. But it would only complicate her life. Even if she fall for her, she won't remember Freen. She couldn't stay either.

"We're not meant to be sad here," Freen said, looking up to hold back her tears. "I want to create beautiful memories here, ones I'll cherish forever. So from today on, we won't talk about leaving anymore, okay?" Freen playfully pinched Becky's nose.

Becky chuckled and nodded. She let go of Freen's hand and hugged her from behind, resting her chin on Freen's shoulder and wrapping her arms around her waist.

Freen held onto her arms and gazed at the sunset, her mind racing about the uncertain future. Time was slipping away too quickly, and she wished she could freeze it, stay like this forever.

"As the sun sets, it reminds us of the wisdom in letting go gracefully, because only then can we embrace the night's embrace," Becky whispered in Freen's ear. "Just one more week, then let me go. Trust me, it'll help you move on."