Chapter 31

The days flew by like shooting stars, and now, their final moments together had arrived.

Freen and Becky sat side by side, gazing up at the starry night sky. Both of them understood that tomorrow would bring a new chapter, separating them. One would say goodbye, and the other would remain behind.

It pained them to realize that a mere week couldn't fulfill all their heart's desires. They craved more time together, but time relentlessly marched forward, leaving them with a single wish: for it to pause.

"Why does emptiness feel so heavy?" Freen sighed, trying to break the silence, and she let out a nervous chuckle as she took a sip of her vodka, trying to mask her feelings.

"Life's full of paradoxes, isn't it?" Becky smiled, sipping her drink as well. She couldn't taste the alcohol; all she could taste was the bitterness of their impending separation. "I wish tomorrow would never come. I don't want to leave."

Freen looked at Becky with a fond smile, knowing that Becky felt the same reluctance to return to her own life. She had responsibilities and a family waiting for her-something Freen didn't have.

"It's tough being apart from your family, Becky. You're still young, and you need to go back," Freen said gently.

"How did you know? Because you grew up without one?" Becky inquired.

"Yeah," Freen nodded. "I see you've been reading my journal this whole time."

Becky's eyes widened, but Freen reassured her with a soft chuckle. "It's okay. I was incomplete, just like that journal. I can't remember anything about my past. I don't even know if I have a family out there searching for me. They don't seem to be looking." Freen's tone grew somber. "But you're lucky, Becky. You still have a family, eagerly waiting for you to return."

"What if they were also looking for you?" Becky pondered.

"Then I hope they find me soon," Freen replied, "before I lose my sanity from losing you." She licked her lips, her eyes locked on Becky's. "I know it's wrong, but can I be selfish just this once?" Freen asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to call you mine. I want every part of you to be mine," Freen's eyes were filled with desire, and they lingered on Becky's lips. "Can I kiss you, Becky?"

Becky smiled warmly. "You don't even have to ask."

Under the moon's gentle silver glow, the ocean waves whispered their melancholic serenade.

Becky's usually bright and lively eyes now held a glimmer of sadness. Her hand trembled as it reached for Freen's cheek, eager to touch the one she loved. Freen met her gaze, and for a fleeting moment, they were lost in the world they'd built together, shielded from the harsh reality that loomed.

"Freen," Becky's voice quivered, her words delicate as fragile glass ornaments. "I don't want to go. I wish I could stay with you forever."

Freen's heart clenched, the weight of their impending separation bearing down on her. She knew Becky's past tied her, and tears welled up in her eyes. With a tremulous sigh, Freen cupped Becky's face, gently wiping away the tears that escaped. "Becky, I love you. This feeling is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I know you have to go back to your timeline. It's your past, your roots."

Becky leaned into Freen's touch, seeking solace in their connection. "I love you too, Freen. More than words can express. I'll treasure the moments we've shared."

In the stillness of the night, their lips met in a kiss filled with longing, sorrow, and a promise of forever. It was a bittersweet taste of what might have been, a love story curtailed by the inexorable march of time and obligations.

As they parted, tears glistened on their cheeks, testament to their deep love and the pain of their impending separation. Freen held Becky close, her heart breaking with each passing second.

"I'll always hold onto this moment, Freen," Becky whispered, her voice a fragile thread weaving through the fabric of the night. "No matter where life takes us, you'll always have a special place in my heart."

Freen nodded, her voice choked with emotion. "And you'll always be a part of me, Becky. Go back to your past; I'll be alright. I promise."

Their final, lingering kiss beneath the moonlit night bore witness to a love that defied time and distance, a love that would forever reside in their hearts.

"Freen..." Becky sobbed like a child as she clung to Freen.

Freen fought back tears, her heart aching. She wished Becky could stay in her arms, but she couldn't. Why did life have to be so cruel?

"Please, tell me to stay, and I won't go back. Please, Freen, I need you. Please, stop me from leaving," Becky cried, desperation in her voice.

Freen held Becky close, her hand covering her mouth to stifle her sobs. So Becky wouldn't hear her pain.

"Please, Freen..."

Becky's plea tore at Freen's heart. Why did Becky entrust her with this decision? She wanted to be selfish.

"Becky..." Freen finally spoke, her voice trembling. "Go back. Let's meet again in another lifetime."

The words were painful to say, but they held a promise of hope-a hope that their paths would cross once more in the future.

a/n: Gonna finish this book tonight xoxo. 😚❤️