Chapter 24

"How's your first night sleeping with clothes on?" Becky teased the moment she woke up and saw Freen cooking breakfast.

It was their first day on the island, and Freen wanted to start the day by cooking something special for Becky. She hadn't cooked seafood before because she was afraid that Becky might be allergic.

"Uncomfortable," Freen replied, grimacing, which made Becky chuckle.

Becky walked towards Freen and hugged her from behind to see what she was cooking.

"Why? Do you want me to sleep naked with me next time?" Becky teased, looking at Freen's face.

"Move. I'm cooking," Freen said and gently nudged Becky.

Becky pouted and returned to her seat. Little did she know that Freen had made her leave because her face had turned red from what she said. Becky really needed a mouth filter sometimes, but she acted like it was no big deal.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Becky asked as soon as Freen placed the dish she had cooked on the table.

Freen removed her apron and joined Becky. "We're going speedboat driving. Do you know how to ride one?" Freen asked.

"I don't even know what a speedboat is," Becky rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You're making fun of me now, Freen."

Freen chuckled, realizing that speedboats had become popular in the early 1900s. She concluded that Becky was indeed from the 1880s.

"Tell me, when you left the past, what was the most famous thing?" Freen asked.

Becky tilted her head. "I don't know. I usually stay in and read books in my room. I only go out when I want to buy new ones."

That explained why she didn't exist in history despite being the sister of a great scientist. Freen nodded, understanding the article she had read before.

"Siam has changed a lot, Freen. There were no places like this before. Or maybe I just never went out," Becky chuckled.

"Dig in. Later, we'll ride the speedboat, and I'll teach you how to drive it so you can brag to your brother," Freen said.

Becky nodded and smiled.

***

"DON'T TURN IT TOO FAST!" Freen shouted at Becky. "I'll meet an early demise because of you!"

Becky couldn't stop laughing while driving the speedboat. She kept teasing Freen about accelerating the boat, causing Freen to hold on tightly.

"Why are you so afraid? Don't be a scaredy-cat," Becky laughed and slowed down this time.

Freen didn't want to let go of her embrace on Becky. She was afraid that Becky would speed up again, and she'd end up in the sea.

"I'm not a scaredy-cat!" She shouted, and Becky laughed even harder.

"Where do you want to go? Just point, babe," Becky teased and nudged her gently.

"I shouldn't have taught you how to drive. Now, I'm going to meet my maker early," Freen grumbled.

"Stop overreacting," Becky chuckled. She removed Freen's hands from her waist and accelerated the boat, causing Freen to cling to her again.

"Curse you, Becky! You're stopping my heart!" Freen shouted again.

"You're stopping mine too," Becky said and paused for a moment in the middle of the sea. "If you don't want an early departure, remove your hands from me; you're making me nervous."

"You don't seem nervous at all," Freen shook her head. "You look fine, and you're teasing me."

Becky smiled genuinely at Freen's sulking face. She couldn't help but admire how cute Freen looked. She thought Freen was all about shutting people down and making poker faces, but this time, her aura was different. Freen was vibrant and alluring. She wanted to kiss her forehead right now, but she was holding back.

"Why are you looking at me like that? We're burning daylight! Drive!" Freen gently nudged Becky, but she didn't budge. She kept gazing at Freen with admiration.

"Haven't I told you before how beautiful you are?" she asked.

Freen was taken aback. She looked away and swallowed hard, trying to escape the awkwardness.

"Heng is so lucky; he gets to see this every day whenever he wants to," Becky said in a soft voice.

"What are you saying? Drive, let's go back," Freen ordered Becky.

"Fine," Becky said and chuckled. She reached for Freen's hand and tried to wrap it around her, but Freen pulled her hand away. So, Becky smirked and accelerated the boat, making Freen scream throughout the ride.