The Viral Interview

"Alright so Leah, to end our interview today we like to play a little game." Jordan Banjo spoke as his fellow host Perri laughed and pulled up his phone, "It's quite big on TikTok at the moment, and with your permission because it is slightly naughty, we'd like you to play smash or pass."

I laughed into the mic and shot a quirk of an eyebrow to my publicist who laughed and put her thumbs up.

"Publicists gave me the go ahead so hopefully you boys don't get me into trouble!" I laughed and adjusted my headphones, "Gosh, why am I nervous?"

Jordan and Perri laugh as they sort through the pics on Perri's phone.

"Right Leah, no holding back yeah just say what comes to mind!"

Jordan flashes the first picture, "Donald Trump?"

I pulled a face and the boys laugh, "The swiftest pass ever."

Another swipe, "Emma Thompson?"

"Oh I love her, smash respectfully." I say with a giggle.

Swipe, "Jack Grealish?"

I cringe and laugh, "I love you Jack, but pass."

The boys laugh again as Perri swipes again,

"Izzy Styles?"

I can't even lie the picture stuns me as I stare at it probably longer than I should. I sigh and shake my head, the words quickly pour out of me as I say with determination. "Double smash." I almost groan as I look at the picture, "My god."

The boys laugh between them, "We definitely have a winner out that group, Leah!"

I shake my head in embarrassment, "Nah that picture is unreal boys, you did me dirty."

"To be fair Leah, I don't think there's a bad picture of Izzy Styles!" Jordan quipped back and I couldn't help but agree. "We've not had her on the show in a while, we'll have to return the favour to her with the game!"

Perri laughs again, "A call-out to Izzy Styles... smash or pass Leah Williamson?"

I hold my head in my hands as I laugh with them, "You've done me so dirty here!" I banter, "Here's me trying to promote my book and I get roped into these childish games!"

We laugh and joke with each other as the boys wrap up the interview and I can't help but bask in the joy of it. Life for me is finally looking up, my injury is healing and my book is out. Life's good.

~

The interview clip goes quickly viral on TikTok much to my embarrassment. It's not even the fact I said smash, it's the capture of the lip bite I do before saying it. The girls have been sending me Instagram edits, TikTok edits of Izzy which start with me saying double smash and endless tweets of users shipping us and putting their two pence in. It's been a lot of notifications, but my publicist seems to think it's all in our favour. I've been told our engagement has doubled now, and I've noticed a lot of insta followers.