The Party

It's finally happening - Izzy and I are planning our housewarming party together. I've been eagerly waiting for this moment, and now that our new place is all set up, it's time to celebrate.

At first, I imagined a cosy gathering with just a few close friends and family members. However, once Izzy got involved, the plans escalated. She's determined to make this party unforgettable. From hiring a DJ to booking catering, her excitement is contagious, and I can't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

She's gone above and beyond, catering for everyone's tastes and even including a ball pit and bouncy castle for the kids. But let's be real, I know deep down that those fun additions are secretly for her. It's just one of the many reasons why I love her.

~

~

I finish getting ready and enter the bedroom, putting on my earrings. Izzy is lounging on the bed, scrolling through her phone, looking stunning in a gold crop top and flared trousers. She notices me and does a double take.

"Wow," she whispers, sitting up to shamelessly admire me from head to toe. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you, baby!" I reply, blushing at her gaze as I grab my watch from the dresser. "You look amazing yourself." I add, watching her preen at the compliment. "I thought we were going for low-key outfits."

"Maybe I can't do low-key. I would say this is one of my more subtle outfits, though." Izzy says with a smirk, approaching me with a look of desire in her eyes. She playfully holds her hand up like a phone and pretends to dial. "Ring ring!" she jokes, pressing her hand to my ear. "Go on, ask who's calling!"

I burst into laughter, playing along. "Hello, who's calling?"

Izzy grins mischievously. "Catcalling!" she declares, swiftly giving my backside a playful slap with the same hand. "It should be illegal to look this good."

"I'm just wearing a casual outfit." I say with a wide smile and a shrug of my shoulders, knowing the impact this short white dress would have on her the second I bought it. She pulls me in by my waist, pressing me flush against her body.

"Casual, my arse." She remarks as if she sees right through me. "Honestly though, you could wear anything and I'd still want you." She murmurs, nuzzling into my neck and showering me with sweet kisses. "Even those grandad clogs."

"Another day, another clog critique." I reply with a playful eye roll, secretly enjoying the banter.

She pulls back with a grin and plants a gentle kiss on my lips. "Don't want to mess up your lip gloss."