Puppy/Love

~

~

"Oi oi!" Beth beams as I open the door, little Myle in her arms wrapped in a blanket. "Thanks so much for this, mate. You're a life saver."

I smile and open the door further. "Come in!"

I help Beth with Myle's over night bag and crate, leaving it against the wall of the hallway.

"What happened to all of Izzy's weird ornaments?" Beth asks as she takes off her shoes.

I clear my throat and try not to blush. "Oh, all packed up." I greet Myle and tickle under her chin as I walk past and open the door to the living area. "Come through here, she can go outside and have a sniff around."

"You packing up already? Found a place you like then?" Beth asks as she places Myle on the marble floor who slips a little before excitedly running towards me.

I pick her up and kiss her little head. "We've seen a few but non have stood out. Izzy's determined about this place near Radlett, but it's extortionate." I carry Myle to the sliding doors and place her down on the ground to explore, Beth and I following. "Sounds ridiculous but sometimes I don't feel comfortable with having her spend a fortune on us."

"You worry too much, mate." Beth says as she pats me on the back. "It's an investment for your future."

I smile at her. "That's what Izzy says."

"She's a clever girl." Beth replies with a wink. We watch Myle run excitedly over the grass and sniff at the plants. "How much is 'extortionate' if you don't mind me asking?"

"10 million." I say and clear my throat. "Which is reasonable for her, I had to talk her out of the 17 million mega mansion. What are we gonna do with 14 bedrooms?" I see Beth smirk and go to open her mouth and I stop her. "Actually, don't answer that question."

Beth drops it for now as she throws a ball for Myle to chase. "Just give it a chance, mate."

"I will." I say as I a smile at the puppy who runs over the ball. "I think it's because it's a bit of a jump for me. You know, going from an apartment in St Albans to a luxury mansion."