How to Steal The Show

~

~

I sit back in my chair with a smile playing at my lips as a quick rap against the door of my dressing room echoes through the room.

I smile, knowing who's about to walk through the door, and feel a rush of excitement and relief. It's only been two nights since we were last together, but the separation felt unbearable as I prepared for the show. The moment she walks in, I know everything will feel right again.

"Come in," I call out, my grin nearly splitting my face as Leah strolls in, a smile matching mine as she effortlessly styles together a merchandise T-shirt and high-waisted shorts. I appreciate the way she looks as she practically skips over to me, her own grin wide and inviting. I laugh when she throws herself onto my lap, wrapping her arms around me and leaning in for a kiss.

"Hello, baby," she murmurs as she pulls back. I can't help but admire how beautiful she is, always managing to take my breath away. She clears her throat with a teasing grin and raises an eyebrow at me, "Are you thinking filthy thoughts?"

"Wholesome ones," I mutter as my eyes roam over her face, my hand tracing up and down her bare thigh. "I promise."

Her eyes twinkle with mischief as she leans back even further, her playful grin turning more seductive. "Hmm, I was definitely hoping for something a little more... enticing," she teases, her voice laced with flirtation. "I even came in your t-shirt to get in your good books," she adds with a wink, her gaze lingering on mine suggestively.

I chuckle at her boldness, feeling a surge of desire and anticipation building between us. "Oh, you came to get in my good books, did you?" I reply, a playful glint in my eye. My hand continues its journey up her thigh, the touch sending a thrill down my spine. Leaning in closer, I whisper, "See now that implies you've done something bad... has not seeing me for a few days driven you wild with desire?"

Leah purrs in response, her eyes sparkling with affection as she readjusts herself on my lap, turning to face me more fully. "Not seeing you for a few minutes does that," she teases, her voice filled with desire. For a second I welcome the fact she's going to jump my bones, but I see a wave of anxiousness come over her as she takes in the state of the dressing room. There's a few guitars to be tuned, various outfits displayed on the rack and multiple sticky notes stuck to the mirror. "Are you sure you're all ready for the show?" she asks, a hint of seriousness in her tone.

I smirk and press a chaste kiss to her lips. "Ready as I'll ever be," I reply, my gaze locked with hers. "Don't doubt me."

"Never doubted you, hot stuff," she flirts, running her finger through my hair and tucking it behind my ear. "Mum's currently walking Honey around Hyde Park before she goes to her dog sitter."

I laugh, my eyes wandering down to the bare expanse of her legs, a surge of longing coursing through me. "I was wondering where my little girl was," I joke, looking back to her with a fond smile tugging at my lips. "Has she missed me?"