Wish You Were Here

Leah

After the spontaneous proposal, the reality sinks in that we will only have a brief time together before I leave for the England camp. We decide to keep our engagement a secret for now, sharing the news only with my mum. Izzy seems worried that I might not be happy with the situation, but I reassure her that all I want is to be with her, that's always enough for me.

It was still early days for us, and once the press caught wind of our engagement, things would undoubtedly become chaotic. For now, we simply wanted to bask in each other's company and cherish these precious moments before the outside world intruded on our happiness.

I thought I couldn't get enough of her before, but our desire for each other reaches new heights, becoming insatiable as we find ourselves unable to leave the bedroom for an entire day. Even the simplest of touches while going about around the house ignites a fiery tryst between us.

I am completely entranced by her, my eyes constantly drawn to the ring on her finger and the radiant smile that never seems to leave her lips. To me, she is a work of art that I can't help but admire endlessly.

~

"Do my eyes deceive me, or are you making breakfast?" Izzy's voice breaks the morning silence as she enters the kitchen, clad in her silk robe. With arms folded and a casual lean against the island, she observes my failed attempts at preparing the avocado. I playfully roll my eyes in response, my hands covered in green goo from the stubborn seed.

"Attempting to," I mutter in frustration. "I was trying to surprise you, but this seed is genuinely stuck."

She chuckles and takes charge, picking up the knife from the chopping board and offering to help. "May I?" she asks, gesturing for the fruit.

"Go for it," I reply, handing it over. I watch in awe as she expertly hits the knife down, quickly removing the pit with a swift motion. Impressed, I blink and admire her skill. "That was hot."

Apparently that was the wrong (or right) thing to say, as she bites her lip and leans in for a kiss. I can't resist the temptation and moan softly into it as her hand abandons the knife with a clatter, pulling me closer. Despite the overwhelming urge to give in, I manage to pull away with a charming smile.

"Nope!" I tease, as Izzy lets out a playful whine. I chuckle, holding onto her arms. "Just wait until I finish making your breakfast. The bacon's in the air fryer, and we can't let another meal burn."

"I'll have you for breakfast," she declares with enthusiasm, chasing for another kiss. But my gentle finger against her lips stops her in her tracks.

"You already have," I reply with a wink, "Now go sit down and wait like a good girl."

She rolls her eyes playfully and declares, "I'll wait, but I'm not sitting down."

True to her word, she spends the entire time pressed against my back, her arms wrapped around my waist as she watches contently from over my shoulder while I prepare our meals.

After breakfast, Izzy playfully pushes me down into a chair and insists that I stay seated while she takes charge of cleaning up. As I relax, I hear her humming a tune that I don't recognise, prompting me to raise an eyebrow curiously.

"That's new," I remark, narrowing my eyes at her with a playful smirk.

Izzy shoots me a cheeky wink and shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. "Maybe it is."