Chapter 20

Emir reached outside the room number Kareem told him and opened the door without waiting for a sec...
And there she was...
Filiz....
Lying on the bed, looking so weak and exhausted.
He just met her 2 days ago and she was totally fine...totally healthy and fine. What happened to her?
She was shocked to see Emir standing in front of her. He was breathing so hard as if he had run an entire marathon to reach here.
"Emir???" she called out for him weakly.
He went to her and held her hand while sitting by the chair beside her bed.....
"What happened? Are you fine? Is the baby fine? Did something bad happen to both of you?" he was clearly worried and tensed.
She gripped his hand tighter.
"No... actually I just....got into a fight...with Anne ....more like an argument...and I didn't realize when I got so angry, totally going overboard.....and all I remember is that I fell unconscious in Anne's arms..." she told him everything.
"For God's sake Filiz....."
He was still distressed..
"I am fine....the baby is fine..."
She said trying to console him..
Emir sat there like that for a few minutes...
And then he kissed her forehead.
It was a soft and gentle kiss. For Filiz ,It was the most beautiful kiss they have ever shared.
He then kissed her belly. As if assuring their baby was alright. Filiz gently stroked his hair.
"You are alone here?" he said looking around the room.
"Yeah....Anne just left. Kemal went to see her off and have some dinner. They were all extremely worried about me as well. I asked Kemal to go eat something. He will stay the night with me here. I feel so stupid for reacting that way. I don't know what got to me...." she was ashamed of her behavior.
"It's ok....but take it easy from now on ok....you can't stress like this...." he was stroking her hair lightly while still holding her hand.
"Emir......"
"Yeahh...what is it?"
"I never deceived you. I never wanted to abort our child. I never wanted to go to Baris. I really don't know which video you are talking about because I never did this......"
Emir's heart skipped a beat at her innocent confession.
She had tears in her eyes. Emir had never seen someone as innocent as Filiz in his life. He wanted to believe her. But what about that video then? It was real, he can guarantee that but why would Filiz lie???
"It's ok...we'll talk about that later ok..." he said caressing her cheeks.
"That day when I came to your house and......I saw you and..... Ayeshayy together....I was so upset.....I felt so bad. I know we both were never.....in a real relationship....we were together for the child only...but still I felt betrayed. And Baris said to me that you will snatch our baby away from me and....go back to Ayeshayy....that's why I decided to go to live at Halay's aunt's home.... because I thought you will snatch my baby away but I had to come back when Anne had an angina attack......"
Tears were flowing down her face as she made Emir aware of her side of the story...
"Baris said to you that I will snatch our child away from you????" Emir was shocked to know this
"Yes....he said that you wanted this child for you and Ayeshayy...."
"I will kill that lying bas*****. How dare he....." Emir was fuming in anger. He didn't know Baris could stoop at this level...
Filiz wasn't letting go of his hand..
"I would have never snatched our child away from you....you should have known that..." he told Filiz in a stern way.
"I know...that's why I went to your house to talk to you but you and Ayeshayy....."
She started crying again remembering that horrible day.
"Ayeshayy was forcing herself on me....she showed up unannounced at my house that day and was forcefully kissing me...."
Filiz's eyes widened in shock at hearing this.
Emir was now gritting his teeth. If Baris was in front of him right now, he would have broken his face for sure.
"But...why...why did Baris do all of this?" Filiz was confused.
"Because he is a fucking ras***"
"Emir, calm down..." Filiz rubbed her hand on his.
He took a deep breath and said after calming himself down.
"You take care ok....don't stress yourself. It isn't good for you or the baby..." he said with while his eyes were gazing at her lips.
"I just want this misunderstanding between us to clear out......"
They both were staring into each other's eyes when Filiz felt Emir's lips concealing hers in a gentle kiss.
He was softly kissing her, making her feel good. Her hand went into his hair as she pulled him closer. They both didn't want to let go of each other.
But Emir soon broke the kiss because Filiz was still weak.
"You need rest...." he said while kissing her forehead.
"Hmmmm..." she said as she was actually feeling sleepy now.
Emir left the room as she fell asleep. He instructed the nurse to take care of her till her brother is back.