Chapter 23

"Emir, son I hope you know what you are doing...... because I still don't really trust that girl..." Murat expressed his concern at Emir's decision of bringing Filiz to his home.
"Why are you speaking like that Murat? Filiz is carrying Emir's child.... it's his responsibility to look after her.."
Gamze tried to defend Filiz.
"Oh stop it Gamze. You are always too easy to trust people... did you forget what that girl said in the video?"
"I do remember. But it can be misleading as well...."
"Please Anne Baba....stop. Filiz is in trouble...I have to keep her here to make sure she is safe.... at least till the delivery. Then we will come up with a solution to other problems..."
Emir was worried for Filiz. He didn't want her to get in any trouble. Especially now when she will be soon eight months pregnant.
Gamze was satisfied by her son's decision but Murat was skeptical.
Nevertheless, they both decided to support Emir for the time being.
**************
"Filiz, I hope you know what you are doing...." Aylin expressed her doubts regarding Filiz's decision to move into Emir's house.
"Yes. At this moment, the only person I can trust is Emir..." she said without any hesitation.
"You could have moved into my house?"
"No. I don't want to be a burden on you. You will be already taking care of Eda and Kemal. Plus you just had an angina attack a month back. So I can't risk your health....." she said while packing up her bag.
Eda and Kemal were going to move into Anne's house as Filiz was going to Emir's.
Aylin saw her daughter with sympathy. She was going through so much at a young age. But in her heart she knew that Emir would take care of her. No matter how mad she was at him, she knew he would look after Filiz. So she was kind of satisfied with her decision now.
**************
Filiz moved into Emir's house a day later.
She demanded a separate room to which he agreed immediately.
The only reason for bringing Filiz here was to keep her safe. They both knew she was no more safe in her own house as it was easy for Hakan to break into it anytime.
That's why Filiz didn't argue with him either.
She found it weird how destiny once again brought the two of them closer.
The first day was passing away normally. Filiz stayed in her room only.
By the evening, she heard a knock at her room's door. She opened the door to see Emir standing there.
"Hey....you are doing well?"
"Yeah..."
He was still wearing his white lab coat so that means he just came back from the hospital.
"Actually...I wanted to ask you to get ready..."
"Ready? For what?"
"There's a party tonight at the Edrogan's. They own one of the biggest business empires in Turkey. Baba is a good friend of theirs so they invited our family as well...."
He explained to her.
"But...I am not your family Emir..."
She said a bit impulsively.
"Filiz.....I said you are coming with me..."
He made himself clear to her.
"What will you say to anyone who asks about me? Who am I? Who's the father of this child I am carrying?"
She raised her voice at him.
"That's my problem....you get ready...the housemaid will arrange a dress for you...."
She saw him leaving after that.
She closed the door and sat in bed.
Tears were dwelling up in her eyes. She hated herself for being so helpless. She had to move in here to hide from Hakan. Why did she even agree to go to Buyukada? Her life turned upside down due to her one mistake of letting Hakan Yildirim kiss her.
And Emir? She was frustrated at the complexity of her relationship with him.
Soon she heard another knock on the door and it was the housemaid this time to hand her a dress and some jewellery for the party.
She had no other choice than to wear this dress and join Emir for the party.
It was a black shimmery dress. Filiz liked that it was a bit loose enough to hide her belly.
She left her hair open and straightened at her back.