Chapter 24

Filiz was searching for something in her wardrobe when she felt someone's presence behind her.
She turned around to see Emir standing there, giving her a warm smile.
"Hey....how are you doing?"
He rubbed his fingers on her shoulder.
"Good..." she smiled back at him.
It had been a week since that party and things were going pretty much normal between them.
There were still misunderstandings that needed to be cleared out but both of them didn't want to face it yet.
Filiz was now in the eighth month of her pregnancy. She didn't see or hear anything about Hakan after that day and she was so thankful for that.
Emir used to take care of her, looked after her irregular eating patterns, even kept up with her mood swings...
They didn't sleep together after that night. Emir made sure not to make her uncomfortable in his house.
It was a routine now for him to come to see her right after returning from work.
Filiz was wearing a tea pink colored dress, her belly was obviously getting huge but she still looked so delicate to Emir. He instructed the housemaid to especially look after her whenever he isn't around.
"You had dinner?" he asked her.
"No, I was waiting for you actually.." she replied.
"I told you to have dinner at proper time Filiz..." he held her hand and sat on the couch.
After a few minutes, maid brought the dinner for them.
"How is everything going in the hospital?" she asked suddenly and noticed Emir's expression changing a bit..... somewhat into a tense one.
"No....nothing special...just the same boring routine. When is your next appointment?" Filiz knew he was changing the topic but didn't say anything.
"Later this week.." he just nodded.
After dinner, Emir went to his room and stood in the balcony.
He didn't tell Filiz that Ayeshayy visited the hospital today. He didn't want her to get worried.
"You know very well Emir that she lied to you, wanted to abort your child....how can you still let her stay with you?" he recalled Ayeshayy's words.
She came to know somehow that Filiz was staying at his place so she showed up at his hospital office to express her anger and rage.
"This isn't your problem Ayeshayy. This is my and Filiz's business, we will take care of it.." His answer was blunt. He actually didn't want Ayeshayy's interference in his personal matters.
"That's clearly hypocrisy Emir Yildiz. You divorced me because of my one mistake, never gave me a chance...but you kept that bit** in your home...why? Because she is carrying your child? What's even the guarantee that slut is carrying your child and not Baris's? Wasn't she sleeping with both of you?" Ayeshayy was shouting at him, fuming in anger and jealousy for Filiz.
"SHUT UP. Don't even compare yourself to Filiz or speak about her and my child in your filthy tone. I don't need to explain anything to a bit** like you.You aren't worthy of any love or trust Ayeshayy. Get lost.."
Emir also lost his patience after hearing her disgusting allegations against Filiz, he held her elbow and threw her out of the office without caring whether anyone sees them or not.
But he was disturbed now. He didn't know what he should do regarding Filiz and Baris's case.
He rested his elbows on the railing and flexed his neck....
Just then he felt a hand at his shoulder..
He knew who it was but still turned around to see Filiz.
She was looking at him with a worried expression..
"Are you ok? What's wrong?" she asked him while gently caressing his face.
At that moment Emir felt totally helpless.
Everyone around him asked him not to trust this girl but his heart....
His heart wanted to love her.
His heart wanted to cherish her, to hold her close, to never let her go...
His heart was saying to trust her, she is the one for him.
"Emir???" she patted his shoulder gently...
He pulled her closer by waist and crashed his lips on hers.
He didn't care what the world said.
He wanted to be with her.
He kissed her passionately, she kissed him back clutching his hair in her hand.
Their tongues were fighting for dominance.
He kissed her till she went weak and gasped for breath. He held her by waist and rested his forehead against hers.
They both were panting heavily.
"You are driving me insane Filiz.....I have never felt like this for anyone else..." he looked into her innocent eyes as he expressed his feelings to her.