Chapter 32

A Year Later

It had been a year since Filiz moved to London.
It had been a year since she lost her three sons.
It had been a year since she and Hakan got divorced.
It had been a year since her life was destroyed forever.
And it had been 9 months since she was pregnant.

She was pregnant with Hakan's child for the fifth time

It was a girl this time but she was not a sign of love.
Filiz stood in front of the window as she caressed her nine months pregnant belly.
She couldn't abort Hakan's child despite everything he did to her. She just couldn't kill her own child.
It was her blood also just the way it was Hakan's.
She decided to leave Istanbul the day she got to know that she was pregnant with a girl.
She didn't want her daughter to be anywhere near her criminal and rapist father.
Her eyes were filled with tears as she remembered those horrible days of her life.
***************
A year ago.
A day after Hakan abused and raped Filiz.

Filiz's eyes opened slowly.
She could see that she was in a dim lighten room.
Her entire body was in pain as if she was run over by a truck.
She slowly remembered the events of last night.
She tried to move but she felt immense pain with a single movement.
Halay woke up as she heard Filiz hiss in pain.
"Filiz, you are awake? How are you? Since how long was he doing this to you? Why didn't you ever tell anyone of us?"
Halay asked her with teary eyes.
Halay was the one who got to Filiz's rescue, all thanks to one of Filiz's loyal maid who immediately called Halay upon hearing Filiz's screams. But even Halay was too late. She saw Filiz drenched in blood and with bruises all over, lying naked on the floor of her room.
It was a traumatizing moment for Halay to see her best friend in this condition.
"I...where are my kids?"
She asked about her kids and saw Halay getting nervous.
"Tell me how are you feeling?" Halay ignored her questions about her kids.
"Tell me where are my kids? Get them to me now please..."
Filiz's eyes filled with tears...
She wanted her kids.
"Filiz......your kids are safe and are in their home..."
"NO. THEY CAN NEVER BE SAFE WITH THAT MONSTER....THAT MONSTER ALREADY KILLED ONE OF MY BABIES....I CAN'T LET MY OTHER KIDS BE WITH HIM..."

She screamed at Halay

Filiz remembered that she had a miscarriage.
"You know.... Halay...I told him that I am pregnant but.....but...still he brutally hit me at my abdomen..."
She was crying now uncontrollably holding her womb with both her hands.
Halay also started crying at her best friend's misery.
The nurse rushed to room upon hearing the crying voices and immediately gave her analgesics which soon drifted her back to sleep.
The next day, Filiz looked quite better. She looked at her scars on her body and face...
She asked Halay to bring her some makeup to hide the scars on face.
Halay also informed her that Hakan was arrested by police as Aylin and Deniz filed a complaint against him but he got released just after few hours.
"I have decided.....I am going to file for divorce..."
Filiz said looking at Aylin who was gently massaging her hand with teary eyes.
The case was filed but Hakan wasn't adamant on divorce.
Azra came to Aylin's place to convince Filiz for coming back.
"He can't live without you dear. He is extremely ashamed for his mistake...."
"No. He isn't ashamed. He will do it again and again if I go back. I am not giving him the chance this time.."
Filiz completely rejected Azra's requests.
"He is a man, Filiz. And in a marriage, always the woman has to bow down my dear...."
Azra said with no shame or resentment in her eyes.
"Do hell with your son. He is a monster. And a monster deserves to rot in hell..."
She stood up from her place and asked Azra to leave.
"Think about your children, how will they live in a broken home?"
Azra said before leaving.
And for a second, Filiz's heart skipped a beat.
This one thought terrified her a lot when she made the decision of divorce.
"He killed my child. He brutally killed my child....I will never forgive him..."
Tears flew down her eyes.
Aylin held Filiz and Deniz asked Azra to leave which she did.
Another month later, Filiz was finally successful in getting the divorce.
She didn't spare a look at Hakan when she faced him at court.
Before going in the court room he held her hand and asked for forgiveness.
"Filiz, my love. I am sorry for everything. Please forgive me and come back to me. I promise this won't happen again. Please think about our babies...."
One of the officers got hold of him and took him away from Filiz.
Tears were filled in Filiz's eyes...
She remembered the good moments she spent with Hakan.
But the next moment, she got a hold of her emotions. She can't get weak now.
"Hakan Yildirim is a monster and I would never in my life think of going back to him..."
Filiz said in court when judge asked her one last time that whether she is sure about the divorce or not.
The marriage was annulled.
Hakan and Filiz were divorced.
But one thing that didn't go in favor of Filiz was the custody of her and Hakan's children.
She was financially weaker.
She wasn't able to take care of three children.
And above all, Hakan pulled every source he could to make sure that his sons stay with him.
Filiz cried in the court room, begging the attorney to not take the kids away from her.
But Hakan paid a solid amount.
And Filiz was separated from her children.
She cried all day keeping her head in Aylin's lap.
Zeynep was horrified seeing her mother in this condition.
But all Filiz could think of was Burak, Behrem and Ahmet.
How will Ahmet live? He wasn't even a year old....
Emir was still in USA and unaware of Filiz's situation.
Filiz asked Aylin to not to inform him at any cost.
She was ashamed of not listening to him.
He would mock her for ignoring his advice of canceling the marriage.
Another month passed and Filiz still hadn't seen her sons.
She did get better but used to cry for her sons a lot.
Zeynep got closer to her but that little girl couldn't fill the void in her mother's heart.
TW - The upcoming scene has content of rape ‼️