CHAPTER 13

Jasmine's POV 

She looked convinced.

I'm sure she was convinced when she saw my strange hair, unlike the devil who wouldn't be moved a bit towards being convinced that I am not her.

He is too blinded by obsession and revenge to see the truth.

Relief washed through me when Mrs Moore ran off after a tear rolled down her eyes. Even though, I was hoping the conversation would take a new turn and she would ask me questions out of curiosity but she left.

Mr Moore is my next target now. That man knows I am not her. He was so sure I wasn't Andre.

I need to see him. We need to talk.

Maybe that will change everything. Maybe this is an opportunity for the devil to realize his mistake before he fixes another date for the wedding.

The fact that I was able to convince Mrs Moore a little today has made me feel so happy about the wedding postponement. This means everything will work in my favor and I will be out of here pretty soon.

Wanting to distract myself, I move away slowly from the bed and approach the bookshelf. I love books but I haven't had the urge to check any out ever since I came here.

I've been so scared of what fate holds for me. I've been so heartbroken that an unfortunate incident like this will happen to a poor girl like me.

The movies we watch and even the books we read sometimes don't really depict reality. Things like these happen to rich girls. 

Spoiled brats born with a silver spoon. 

Just like Andre.

Not someone like me who has not tasted wealth for once.

This story should have been the other way around. I should have been the one who ran away and Andre should have been the one who was mistaken for me. Why do I have to pay for her sins when I don't even know her?

I know I am curious about how she really looks because of how every one seems to be so dumb about not seeing a single difference between us but my anger towards her for putting me into this won't let me ask for a picture of her.

My hand touches a book and I pick it up from the shelf absentmindedly. 

I know I want to be distracted but my mind kind of goes back to her, curiosity eating at me as I keep asking myself where she has been hiding all these months.

Suddenly, the door opens after a soft knock.

Elena, whom I now know as the head maid, comes in with a lady trailing behind her. The lady behind her is wearing a fashionable short dress and she has a smile plastered on her face.

"Hi", she waves at me shyly, still smiling.

I do not reply but shift my attention back to Elena, wondering who she is.

Is she one of the devil's sisters? 

"This is Diane, she is going to help you with the wedding dress", Elena explains, clearing up the misunderstanding in my head.

I can't believe that man's attitude is beginning to rub off on me. I didn't even know who this lady is and I don't like her already, just because I think she is related to him.

I nod meekly and wave back at her, dropping the book.

Elena clears her throat, as though she has more to say. 

I watch her as the room falls silent.

"When you are done with Diane, I will bring in the hairstylist. She is here already", she announces, making me raise a brow.

Hair stylist?

How can I have my hair done now when the wedding date has not been fixed yet? To be honest, I was really hoping for the postponement since he was hurt last night so when it came, I wasn't all too surprised. All I felt was relief because he seems unpredictable and I thought he was going to go ahead with it just to spite me.

Elena is avoiding my gaze and I decide to speak up. 

"I'm supposed to just pick a dress", I tell her and she nods.

"You need to have your hair done as well", her eyes are full of nothing but pity as she speaks calmly.

"Why? The wedding has been postponed and…"

"It's tomorrow", she hints, cutting me short and my mouth drops agape and quirks as I try to process what she has just said.

Before I can assimilate the fact that the man devil must have fixed the wedding back to tomorrow, Elena takes a step back after bowing lightly to me and she takes the exit out.

My gaze meets with Diane who has curiosity written all over her and the earlier fake smile plastered on her face is gone.

I find myself swaying as a sudden headache hits me.

"Are you ok?" she demands with a concern-filled expression.

I nod and wave her away, tears filling my eyes.

"You need to pick a dress so I can have it delivered as soon as…"

"Go!" I scream, tears rushing down my face as I sink to the floor, uncaring about what she might think about me or this whole thing. 

Realizing that she hasn't moved an inch, I lift my head to see her still standing, this time with a sad face. "Go, please", I beg of her. "Pick me a dress. I will wear anything you choose."

She does not respond and this time, I am ready to push her out if need be. Before I can rise to push her out, she walks slowly to the door and goes out.

Another tear rolls down my eyes. Just when I am hoping to escape all of this, he goes on to fix the wedding for tomorrow. What difference does that make?

He caught me off guard again. I should have known he would do an unspeakable thing like this. I should have prepared my mind for this. 

I am overwhelmed with sadness. I can't even think straight about what to do. I need to escape this. I can't go through with this wedding. I can't marry this man. I can't pay for the sins of another.

I can't do this.

Strength surges through me and I bolt upright, rushing to the door, my tears blinding me.

As I rush out, stalking towards the only other room I know aside from mine, I ignore the strange looks thrown my way by the guards and the domestic staff.

I need to let this out. My chest is heavy as though a doom of stone is stuck in there. I don't care what happens but I am going to tell him what I think of him and tell him what I want.

He should f*ck off for all I care but I am not going through with this.

I can barely take the last staircase up when a cold shiver runs down my spine as my body shakes.

My resolve about confronting him died in the instant but I still summoned the courage to continue my journey to his room.

When I get there, I knock once and there is no reply so I push it open, wishing that the strong will I felt a few minutes ago will come back and I can use the curse word on him before running out.

"What the hell!" a thunderous bark reaches my eyes before I can open my tears-soaked eyes to see before me dark hooded eyes watching me with extreme rage as my eyes trail down his naked chest and down to his naked below.

I let out a gasp as my eyes stick to his manhood and I suddenly clasp my hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming.

****
How else do you think Jasmine can prove that she isn't Andre? Is Mrs. Moore going to help her? Will Xavier believe them?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️