CHAPTER 64

Andre's POV 

I spit in his face with a grin of satisfaction spreading across my entire face.

Before I can enjoy the moment to the fullest, his huge hand strikes me across my face, making me taste blood on my lips.

His face is as cold as ever. Just like I can remember.

Anger fills me up, making me jerk upright and wishing I wasn't tied up so I could retaliate.

I knew I was up for this. Getting caught means getting punished for my actions but the anger I feel right now isn't just for Xavier. I am more angry at my father. He ruined my plans.

If only he was understanding like my mother, if only he didn't insist on marrying me off to this monster, maybe things would be different now. 

If only he hadn't deceived me into believing he was going to help me and I hadn't trusted him, maybe I would still be on my way to Paris.

Now I regret not trusting Alex enough. I regret sneaking out like I always do. I regret not telling him where I was going.

Maybe if I had done that, he would find me.

No matter what happens, I will never marry Xavier. He can go to hell for all I care. I would rather die than marry the monster.

"I see you are not remorseful yet", I find myself speaking, uncaring about the taste of my blood in my mouth. "You are selfish, Xavier."

He does not say anything. He only leans upright, dropping his two hands into his pant pocket lazily.

Laughter erupts from my throat. A cackle rather.

I don't find him funny. I find his miserable life funny. He thinks he is in control but he isn't. I toyed with him. I played with his intelligence. I made him suffer. I made him find me across continents.

He is just too stupid to admit that I am the better person. Way too stupid to accept defeat.

Even though I am right here in cuffs, I defeated him.

"Where is your beautiful bride, Xavier?" A wicked smile tugs my lips when his eyes flash back to me as he glares. "I heard she is a replica of me."

Enjoying myself, I lean backward. "I wish I could see her so I can see how stupid you truly are to have mistaken her for me. Does she even know the kind of person you are? I guess she is as stupid as you are too to have allowed you to force her into a stupid thing like marriage…"

His huge hand wraps around my neck region, shutting me up as I hack a cough.

"Shut the fuck up, will you?!" he barks down at me, tempting me to spit in his face once more.

Silence fills the air.

Then he lets go of me, making me cough out blood.

Just then, the door opens and my father comes in. Our eyes interlock and I almost smile.

This is what you get for betraying your daughter, I say within me.

I am sure he is regretting his actions now. But I don't care. I hate him. I don't even want to see him right now.

Before all of this, I was his princess. He meant the world to me. I was his girl. He was my mentor.

I know I was reckless. We had fights but we always settled it. I loved him more than I loved my mother. But now, he has ruined it.

My mother stood by me. She understood me. She supported me but my father betrayed me. He sold me to the devil.

"Talk some sense into her. Any more stubbornness and I won't hesitate to drive a bullet into her", Xavier says to my father and fear crosses his face, making me smile again.

Bullshit!

I am not going to die and even if I do, my spirit will haunt them both.

Before I can tell Xavier that he is just bluffing, he takes the door out with his stupid ugly right-hand man, leaving me alone with my father.

I look away.

Alex.

Goddammit. I miss that idiot.

I wonder what he is doing right now. He must be dead worried about me.

My father clears his throat to talk but I beat him to it. "There is nothing you can say to appease me so save your breath."

Hurt flashes across his expression but I care less to be bothered about that. I am more than hurt.

Even though I am tempted to ask him where my mother is, I keep mute. As far as I know, I don't have a father anymore. I only have a mother. I lost my precious father the moment he handed me over to Xavier like a prize.

"Andre", he calls, his voice shaky but I am not moved. He can only make amends if he can help me escape again. "I am sorry."

"No, you are not."

"I am. I had to do this. I promised Jasmine that I would make sure I bring you back home so she can be free. The poor girl was suffering for your sins…"

"I don't fucking care. Just get lost!"

Just when I am thinking I can tell him to help me escape if he still wants me to consider him my father. All he is talking about is righteousness. 

Who cares about who takes the fall for my sins? Who cares about that stupid girl?

"Andre…"

"Get out!" I yell, jerking up and down to alert the guards so they can throw him out. Rage fills me up and tears prick my eyes.

"Please…" he pleads with me as the door is thrown open from outside.

Ethan comes in and I stare at him. "Take this man out now!"

He stands still and stiff for a while, making me think he won't do as I say.

"Andre, we need to talk…"

"You are no longer my father. You stopped being my father the moment you handed me over to Xavier. Right now, I hate you and I don't want to see you so get out!"

Ethan makes a move now. He holds my father's arm, guiding him out.

As soon as they are out, I let out all the pent-up anger and emotions through a piercing scream that echoes around the building.

****
Is Xavier supposed to punish Andre or let her go?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️