CHAPTER 76

Jasmine's POV 

With the darkness enveloping me, I don't know how long I passed out. When I try to move, I realize I have been tied.

Of course, I would be tied, I say to myself inwardly. I have been kidnapped and being tied is inevitable.

There is also a blindfold over my eyes and another thing over my mouth stopping me from making any sound.

The only thing I can do is to try to move, which is completely futile.

After a while, I give up, letting out a deep sigh of defeat. I might not escape this. Sebastian will make sure of that.

Xavier might never be able to find me. Even though he promised to protect me from Sebastian, he might never be able to stick to his promise.

I'm sure Alex is in trouble. 

Xavier will blame him for letting me go all by myself. To be honest, I didn't give this a thought. It didn't cross my mind for a second that Sebastian would get to me today of all days. I was uncomfortable in that damn place and I needed out.

Knowing that the love sick Alex needed time with his beloved, I had to leave. Now I regret it.

In fact, I feel like blaming Xavier for this. If only he hadn't killed Vicenzo, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Sebastian won't be courageous enough to do this. The vengeance for Vicenzo's death is what is pushing him to this length.

In as much as I hate the thought of Xavier murdering people, there is still a part of me that craves the love of a man like that; a man who would go to any length to keep me safe and protect me; a man who wouldn't mind eliminating anyone that gets into my way or trouble me.

I guess this was what made me feel safe with him and now I am in trouble.

There is no assurance that I will ever be found. Sebastian isn't stupid enough to leave trails for a smart man like Xavier.

Perhaps, if we hadn't gone to that party and met with Vicenzo, all of this would not have happened.

"I see you have given up", A deep voice says loudly, startling me. Then a loud clap follows and my blindfold is removed within a second.

My eyes hurt and I shut them quickly before flashing them open slowly to adjust to the light in the room.

Except for a huge lamp sitting comfortably on a large table, there is no other source of light. The lamp is big enough to illuminate the corners of where he is sitting and where I am too.

Every other place is dark and I wonder where we are.

When our eyes meet, he smirks and claps his hand again. This is when I see the cigarette in his hand.

Something clicks.

Xavier smokes too but I haven't seen him do that in a while. I remember telling him to quit it because of his health and he promised. 

Did he really quit smoking? I asked him.

From nowhere, water splashes over my face, jerking me out of my reverie. I gasps, my eyes wide open and alert. I can't see where the water is coming from.

How can I be thinking of Xavier at this moment? 

Laughter erupts from his mouth, making me stare at him with hatred even though deep down, I am scared shit of what he would do to me.

I am at his mercy now. I can't escape this.

A cold shiver runs down my spine. I don't know if it's from the impact of the cold water or as a result of the fear jumping into my heart.

"A good way to lure the devil out of his abode", he murmurs, placing his two legs on the table in front of him as he relaxes backwards, crossing the right leg over the other.

It clicks.

What he just said suddenly makes sense.

He is talking about Xavier. What is he trying to do?

"Shall we give your pretty man a call, darling?" He utters with a mischievous smile. I can't talk because there is still something over my mouth.

Suddenly, water splashes over my face again, making me let out a loud gasp, my body shivering as cold engulfs me.

"Good girl", he mentions before beckoning someone to give him the phone which he takes quickly.

I watch him dial a number and I know immediately that it is Xavier's.

How did he get his number?

This is when I realize I don't have my phone with me. Did he take my phone? Suddenly, I remember talking to Xavier and the damn man wasn't picking. I was calling him for the second time before Grayson was shot and I don't know if he picked up the call or not because my phone fell.

Let's see if he picks now.

It rings.

The phone is on loudspeaker. Now I'm sure he wants to use me to bargain with Xavier and he wants me to hear the conversation.

At the third ring, someone picks. There is a rustle from the other end and finally, it dies down and everywhere is silent.

None of the two men are saying a word and it makes me wonder if Xavier knows who is calling.

"I have what you want", Sebastian's voice blurts out as he drops his legs and shoots to his feet immediately, making his way to me.

Silence.

Xavier isn't saying anything.

"You know what? Killing Vicenzo was really a good idea on your part, you know? I've always wanted him gone and you made it all easy for me", he releases a deep chuckle which I find irritating.

I can't believe he wanted Vicenzo dead. Then why is he keeping me here under the pretense of revenge for Vicenzo's death? Is this about what happened two years ago and how I rejected him before Vicenzo came into the picture?

"To make my work easier, I would like to suggest an offer. I don't care whether you say a word or not because I am very sure you are listening." He gets to me and squats down to my height. 

Instantly, he takes off the thing covering my mouth, making me breathe out in relief.

But that relief is cut short by a sharp slap to my face, which makes me whimper.

"Did you hear that?" he speaks into the phone, moving it closer to me as he strikes me hard over the face again.

I know he wants to use me so this time, I suck in the pain.

Xavier is still silent and I wonder what he is doing.

I know I still can't get around the fact that he murders people. Like he said, he kills people who deserve to be killed and he protects women. Vicenzo deserved to die truly and I shouldn't blame him for it.

If he hadn't killed him, Sebastian would have done that. Besides, he killed him because of me. If he hadn't, Vicenzo would have been a threat.

But I guess Sebastian being a threat now doesn't change anything. It's just as if Vicenzo is still alive.

A hand grabs my neck region, suffocating me and slamming my back to a wall as I jerk forward, my legs moving and struggling.

Is he going to strangle me to death? Won't he let me see Xavier for the last time?

Hacking coughs leave my mouth as I continue to struggle with a man who is twice as strong as I am.

When he lets me go, I almost pass out, my eyes red and my neck in pain.

"If you want your beautiful wife back, hale and hearty, then come down to the address I will send to you now", he demands with a sly smile.

I shake my head.

This is a trap.

Sebastian would never let me go now that he has me. He has a strong obsession for me and I am sure if he doesn't kill me then he is going to turn me into a slave.

A sex slave.

Xavier shouldn't fall for this. He wants to get rid of Xavier and his men by doing this. He wants to use me to achieve his aim and then get me back.

Before I can shout a loud "No" so Xavier can hear me and sense danger, the cover is slammed back over my mouth. I struggle against the hand tying the damn thing over my mouth but he is way too strong for me.

I give up.

Xavier is still not saying anything and Sebastian is watching me intensely, as though he can get answers just by staring at me.

"Are you in or not?" A flash of an emotion I can't place crosses his expression.

Is this fear? Is he scared of Xavier but putting up this facade to hide the fear?

"I give you 24 hours to show up at the address that will be sent to you now. If you don't show up, then your beautiful bride will say hi to you from the heavens."

I shut my eyes.

He wants Xavier to pick either me or his life. Xavier will know what games he is trying to play and I am hoping he won't fall for this.

He may want to do all he can to save me but I really hope he won't make a stupid choice by coming here.

"What do you pick? Are you coming or…"

A snort from the other side interrupts Sebastian and he stares down at the phone in curiosity.

"You think I care about her?" His sweet voice booms into the phone, making me shut my eyes again. I don't know if this feeling is relief or hurt but I am glad he isn't falling for this. "She is not my wife so do whatever you want with her."

"Are you…" Sebastian is cut short with the disconnection from the other end and his eyes go wide in disbelief.

When our eyes interlock, he begins to laugh loudly like a maniac before slamming his fist into my jaws in extreme rage.

****
Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️